ISR Bowl talk

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I see it as Bama, Clemson, ND and then OSU. OSU win over Michigan was impressive, and the win verse PSU helps. OU has not had that impressive win, WV is not a big win and beating Texas will not be as big as the Michigan beat down. And I hate OSU and like OU. But that is how it is going to shake out, and then Bama will destroy OSU

Ohio State got absolutely blown out by Purdue. No way you can justify putting them in over Oklahoma

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
upload_2018-11-25_15-12-58-jpeg.60326

There is no debate

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ohio State got absolutely blown out by Purdue. No way you can justify putting them in over Oklahoma

And had to go to OT to beat Maryland in the second to last game of the season. The only solid game they have played is the Michigan game. If people say OUs D is bad, don't tell me OSU has a great one because they are giving up points in chunks also.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I see it as Bama, Clemson, ND and then OSU. OSU win over Michigan was impressive, and the win verse PSU helps. OU has not had that impressive win, WV is not a big win and beating Texas will not be as big as the Michigan beat down. And I hate OSU and like OU. But that is how it is going to shake out, and then Bama will destroy OSU
I see OU and OSU as basically the same team. Elite offense...suspect D.

Either one will get obliterated by Alabama IMO.....kind of a mixed blessing to get in the CFP this year for either school.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
LOL looking at that, it's really not even close.

I agree, but now remember the big ten backing. You have Herby (OSU qb) pining for OSU nonstop. So he talks up the big ten to help them out nonstop. ESPN is filled with basically big ten players who talk up the big ten. Not sure about this year, but it was pointed out two years ago (when OSU got in when nobody thought they should) that the big ten had the highest amount of representation on the CFP committee of anybody.

Take that into consideration and its hard to not understand why OSU gets passes when they shouldn't.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone and DSMCy

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Right now OU gets in, but what happens if the OU loses their QB to injury and the Texas game is close and OSU blows out NW?

• Funny
Reactions: MartinCy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I would change your name around here.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Right now OU gets in, but what happens if the OU loses their QB to injury and the Texas game is close and OSU blows out NW?

Not saying it's impossible, its very possible that OSU gets in. Texas is top ten or close. Michigan did not drop much for losing to a top ten, and got pretty well owned in the game. I think if you look at the NW situation, it hurts the big ten. They went 0fer in nonconference.

Ohio state lost a qb in that near same situation and it did not hurt OSU from getting in a few years back.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

I really believe that OU would give Bama a better game. They will at least score with Bama for awhile. But, tOSU is playing like they did a few years ago and will end the year with a couple of blowout wins. That will probably be enough to get them in with their huge TV presence and Big 10 media. But it doesn't really matter, Bama will beat either team. If they play tOSU, it will be more like 48-14 where it would be closer to 56-35 vs OU.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone and GTO

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I really believe that OU would give Bama a better game. They will at least score with Bama for awhile. But, tOSU is playing like they did a few years ago and will end the year with a couple of blowout wins. That will probably be enough to get them in with their huge TV presence and Big 10 media. But it doesn't really matter, Bama will beat either team. If they play tOSU, it will be more like 48-14 where it would be closer to 56-35 vs OU.

I think it would be more like 55-27 against either team honestly. They are built about the same.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I agree, but now remember the big ten backing. You have Herby (OSU qb) pining for OSU nonstop. So he talks up the big ten to help them out nonstop. ESPN is filled with basically big ten players who talk up the big ten. Not sure about this year, but it was pointed out two years ago (when OSU got in when nobody thought they should) that the big ten had the highest amount of representation on the CFP committee of anybody.

Take that into consideration and its hard to not understand why OSU gets passes when they shouldn't.
Yah thank goodness Alvarez and Osborne aren't on the committee anymore.
Looking through the list, it looks more balanced.
It is interesting that the OU and OSU ADs are both on the committee. I wonder if they have to recuse themselves when discussing their teams?

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/sports/2017/10/16/selection-committee.aspx

Reactions: BCClone

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
  • Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron