Kliff's seat is getting warm and Tech is looking at Venables

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Suppose Tech is on the phone already to Clemson asking for interview permission tomorrow?

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
The problem is he's not any better than Tuberville.
The defense was actually a solid team this year. The offense was the issue. I feel confident that he can get the offense going next year so I think it is moving forward with improvement.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

From FootballScoop:

Texas Tech: Amid a number of local reports that Texas Tech has decided to make a coaching change, the University says no action has been taken.

(Probably just a matter of timing)

xr4ticlone

Oct 1, 2006
Texas
I think that's a mistake. TT isn't the end all be all job.

Before the Pirate it wasn't much at all. Kliff is a good guy (my MIL had him as a student and liked the whole family...even telling me she was sorry but she was hoping TT beat us because of Kliff :mad: I told her that unlike Kliff I WAS going to buy her a Christmas gift...was)

This is another firing that they'll regret IMHO.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Hiring Kliff Kingsbury as an OC would go against the direction Campbell wants to take the offense. He's said he wants, and going back to Toledo has run, physical, power run games. Tech has had some good running games, but it's always been predicated on smaller, shiftier backs that are set up off the passing game.

Kingsbury would be a great OC, but i don't think he'd work well with the personnel Campbell and Co. have assembled.

• Agree
Reactions: Tony Gunk

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Dont have the link but Football Scoop is reporting Venables doesn't want to leave now that his son is a freshman. Doesn't appear that he wants to be a head coach right now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron