A Plan for the ages...

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I had to go to a wedding Sat night for someone I don't know (a high school friend of my wife). Needless to say I was pissed because A) I hate weddings, B) I was missing the game, C) I hate weddings, and D) I knew my wife and kids there, and that was it.

SO...I put a plan into place around noon on Sat that paid off in spades, and should probably earn me a spot in the Guy Hall of Fame.

We were taking my kids to the wedding, so that afternoon we made our way to my parents house (the wedding was near my hometown) and I decided that as my wife was trying to put the kids down for a nap, that I should take them to the park instead. I let them have a great time at the park, and just long enough so there was NO WAY they could get a nap in before we had to get to the wedding at 4pm.

SO...the wedding goes off as planned, we eat and have a couple beers at the reception, and right on cue at around 7:30, the kids start getting crabby and tired. Being the great husband I am, I suggest to the wife that I will take the kids back to my parents and she can stay at the reception and have a good time. She says I am the best husband ever and says she can get a ride back to my parents from a friend of hers.

SO....I go to the bar and watch the game, only missing about 5 mins of it. I get to watch the game at the bar and drink beer, AND I am a great husband!

Not to toot my own horn, but it was well planned and perfectly executed.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Great job out of you!:notworthy::notworthy:

I missed the Kent St. game to go to a wedding, all I got out of the deal was West Nile. I am not lying either, I got West Nile!

KneeGusto

May 13, 2006
S̶q̶u̶a̶w̶ Ioway Creek
...I suggest to the wife that I will take the kids back to my parents and she can stay at the reception and have a good time. She says I am the best husband ever and says she can get a ride back to my parents from a friend of hers.

SO....I go to the bar and watch the game, only missing about 5 mins of it. I get to watch the game at the bar and drink beer, AND I am a great husband!

A+ if you took the kids back to the folks' and put them to bed, then went to the bar.

A- if you took the kids to the bar and made them sleep in a booth or somesuch.

:wideeyed:

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
That was a nicely executed plan, but the problem is this: Now she will be asking (IE - expecting), this sort of thing from you all the time.