Kliff's seat is getting warm and Tech is looking at Venables

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Not sure what happened to them, but them and OSU have been crazy erratic this year. TT almost beat TX and OU in shootouts and then score 6 against KSU. On the other hand, they have dropped 4 in a row and need to get a win against Baylor to get to a bowl game.

• Creative
Reactions: Scott34

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I actually think Kliff did a good job this season. I would not fire him. Their offense was inconsistent, but their defense showed life. I would let the situation play itself out.

TTU ending up with Venables instead of K-State would be kind of funny. I would be calling Venables off the hook if I were KSU, begging him to come home.

Then again, if they end up with a decent replacement to Snyder like Seth Littrell from North Texas, then I guess they came out of this situation okay.

I would probably also look into Jim Leavitt.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
He should stay at Clemson and wait for something better. TT is the second most isolated P5 and delusional as any.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
When Venables name comes up on Kansas City sports radio they hint around that there is some sort of issue in his past that has kept him from getting a head coaching job. They never come out and say what it is but I have heard them mention it a couple times. Any thoughts?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He should stay at Clemson and wait for something better. TT is the second most isolated P5 and delusional as any.
I would assume Dabo’s next move would be Alabama or the NFL. So maybe Venables would wait, he does get paid very well.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Kliff hangs in the balance every year, one of these times he goes.

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
When Venables name comes up on Kansas City sports radio they hint around that there is some sort of issue in his past that has kept him from getting a head coaching job. They never come out and say what it is but I have heard them mention it a couple times. Any thoughts?
He's a known hot head and there has been a fear of him going Woody Hayes on someone.

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
That makes sense. I thought it might be something like Tom Herman is dealing with right now. If I'm Tech or KState I think I could deal with that if he is as good as he seems to be.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Not sure what happened to them, but them and OSU have been crazy erratic this year. TT almost beat TX and OU in shootouts and then score 6 against KSU. On the other hand, they have dropped 4 in a row and need to get a win against Baylor to get to a bowl game.

Jett Duffy is what happened to them. He sucks at QB. They would have beat OU if Bowman wouldn't have got hurt and they would have been able to score more against KSU if Duffy didn't have to play at QB.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Jett Duffy is what happened to them. He sucks at QB. They would have beat OU if Bowman wouldn't have got hurt and they would have been able to score more against KSU if Duffy didn't have to play at QB.

I thought that Duffy played great against TX. He was 37-47 for 444 yards and 4 TDs, 1 Int.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Kliff is only coaching at Tech this year because he beat Texas last year and played at Tech with a guy(s) that struck it rich in oil.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I always heard it had something to do with him doing "something" with a member of some donor/AD family member.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
Hi Bilp. Trying to hang to your job for another year, are you?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron