U of Texas Weekend Details

CYdways432

Jan 22, 2015
Cedar Rapids
For the people that are going down but not doing the DFW tailgate what is your plans?

Missed the boat on getting tailgate tickets with my buddies so i'll be bouncing around.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

bigbert41

Jan 29, 2015
Missed the boat on buying game tickets through our alumni association. What section will Cyclone fans be sitting in?

Rockymtcy

Oct 2, 2018
Adult beverages are included in the price... while supplies last. We can't guarantee that we won't run out at some point, Cyclone drinking habits being what they are.
@DFWCyclone We are planning to get to the tailgate around 3, will there still be food and drink available or should we make other plans? What the the laws in Austin on open container, can I carry around a fifth of Fireball to do shots with other Clones?

timdcy

Nov 27, 2006
The Gore Range
My wife and I pulled the trigger and are flying down from Colorado on Friday. We were able to buy two tickets in section 25 (which is where the alumni association had their tier 1 ticket packages). I didn't buy a tailgate ticket, mainly because I hate bud light, so I'd also be interested in meeting up with other Clones to drink with. I might just end up standing outside the perimeter of the Cyclone DFW tailgate and mouth breath.

Ty4cy1104

Sep 1, 2012
Nevada, IA
I've been going to Austin every thanksgiving for the past 10 years to see my wife's family. Never had the weekend match up to have ISU playing down there and i can't begin to tell you how psyched I am to be able to witness this game in person! Possibly the biggest game in program history and we're going to have a lot of fan support down there in part because of what alumni groups like this have put together! LETS GO CYCLONES!

DFWCyclone

Jan 6, 2014
McKinney, TX
www.dfwcyclones.org
@DFWCyclone We are planning to get to the tailgate around 3, will there still be food and drink available or should we make other plans? What the the laws in Austin on open container, can I carry around a fifth of Fireball to do shots with other Clones?

As long as you already have tailgate tickets you should be fine, there will be no gate sales this year and we are completely sold out.

You are in a tailgate zone so open container shouldn't be an issue as long as you show proper etiquette and aren't blasted out of your mind.

Reactions: Rockymtcy

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Those of you that have been to Austin for a game before: What should those of us that were not fortunate enough to get tailgate tickets do?

Reactions: SEIACyclone

Wilber

Aug 4, 2006
Those of you that have been to Austin for a game before: What should those of us that were not fortunate enough to get tailgate tickets do?

I go to several Texas games every year. Unfortunately, there won't be a good area where you can park and have a conventional tailgate. However, there are plenty of great options.

A block or two from the sold out ISU tailgate is Scholz Garten, the oldest bar in Texas (http://www.scholzgarten.com/). Scholz has a giant outside area that is good on game day. Lots of beers on tap, and good food. One of the local sports radio stations will be broadcasting from their stage. Many visiting fans have their unofficial tailgates there.

You can also just walk around the area, like you would in Ames, and make friends. The UT fans will be nice to you before the 7PM beat-down:). You can carry around a six pack or whatever you want, and there is a liquor store at 16th & Lavaca if you need to replenish. You will likely get to sample some great smoked beef and pork.

There is a new thing called Bevo Blvd (https://texassports.com/news/2018/8...w-tailgating-tradition-for-football-fans.aspx). I haven't seen it, but I believe it has food trucks and cash bars. It's free, and starts around 2PM, I think. I'm not sure exactly where it is, but it's in the same area as everything else.

If you want to stay downtown (about a mile from the stadium) the Blind Pig's rooftop (check it out Friday afternoon/evening for the ISU party) will be a great place, and has a plenty of TVs, including one giant one.

Personally, I would go the Friday happy hour at Blind Pig and make plans with others that coudn't get tailgate tickets. You can't go wrong wandering around all the UT tailgates and checking out Shulz Garten.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
My wife and I pulled the trigger and are flying down from Colorado on Friday. We were able to buy two tickets in section 25 (which is where the alumni association had their tier 1 ticket packages). I didn't buy a tailgate ticket, mainly because I hate bud light, so I'd also be interested in meeting up with other Clones to drink with. I might just end up standing outside the perimeter of the Cyclone DFW tailgate and mouth breath.
PM sent.