VIDEO: Campbell's opening statement following 28-14 win over Baylor

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
It will be interesting to see what happens after the Big 12 reviews this. It looked like DM took a shot at someone after another guy jumped over the ref to hit him.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
From watching the video it seems that Montgomery was composed but stood up for himself. He didn't throw any punches he just confronted the guy who did. I don't see why that is a penalty unless he said something...

I thought he got off a good body shot on the guy that slapped him. May have seen it wrong.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
If I'm reading this page correctly, and assuming it is correct, it sounds to me like he may not miss next week?

Edit: For clarification, I mean that he wouldn't miss any time next week at all

That's interesting. Historically, it's been that you are out for the first half of the next game if ejected in the 2nd half. Maybe that's changed recently? It sounds like there is a lot more discretion now, which could be a harsher or more lenient penalty.

Even if it has changed, I would guess that DM is still out the first half of Texas. Let's hope it's ONLY the 1st half.

From watching the video it seems that Montgomery was composed but stood up for himself. He didn't throw any punches he just confronted the guy who did. I don't see why that is a penalty unless he said something...

After he was hit in the helmet, he clearly at least attempted to punch back.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Monty absolutely, without doubt threw a punch. Two, I believe. He didn’t throw the first punch, but he threw them. Quite frankly, if we’re looking at it from an unbiased viewpoint, Monty even put up a fighting stance with the dude before any punch was even thrown.

CyclONE Nation

Mar 16, 2017
Monty absolutely, without doubt threw a punch. Two, I believe. He didn’t throw the first punch, but he threw them. Quite frankly, I’d we’re looking at it from an unbiased viewpoint, Monty even put up a fighting stance with the dude before any punch was even thrown.

Who cares about his stance? guys get in shoving matches all the time that never result in flags.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytasticlone

CyclONE Nation

Mar 16, 2017
Did I say he should have been penalized for getting in a fighter’s stance?

Just saying, Monty was gearing up for a fight. It didn’t come out of no where.

Would you be geared up for a fight if you got driven through a water table 12 yards out of bounds? of course he was geared up, everybody on the field was

• Agree
Reactions: flycy

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
That's interesting. Historically, it's been that you are out for the first half of the next game if ejected in the 2nd half. Maybe that's changed recently? It sounds like there is a lot more discretion now, which could be a harsher or more lenient penalty.

Even if it has changed, I would guess that DM is still out the first half of Texas. Let's hope it's ONLY the 1st half.

After he was hit in the helmet, he clearly at least attempted to punch back.
Regarding your second sentence, I’ve watched a lot of football and have never heard that because of a normal ejection. Yes, that’s the rule for targeting and I think everyone just assumes it’s the same. But I don’t think “historically” that’s the case on a non targeting ejection.

Now the big 12 could come out and say he’s suspended for the first half next week but I think that’d just be their separate suspension. 52 shouldn’t play the next two weeks. Absolute chicken **** move