Grand View Open

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Reactions: buf87

GrappleCy

Aug 7, 2018
Anyone know if Small will wrestle this for the CRTC?

They locked viewing of entrants until Saturday morning so you can't see if he's one of the guys registered under "Unattached" but there isn't currently anybody registered under the CRTC. Registration isn't closed yet though so that could change.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Grand View Open
Open 157
Steven Lawrence (Grand View )
Bye

Bye
Preston Stephenson (Unat. Iowa)

Bye
Juleain Winters (Saint Mary`s)

Caleb Licking (Nebraska)
Bye _

Trent Johnson (Grand View )
Ben Freese (William Penn )

David Hollingsworth (Iowa Lakes Comm)
Bye _

Jerimiah Moody (Iowa)
Mason Gaines (Indiana Tech)

Dylan Brazell (Graceland)
Bye

Jake Silverstein (Unat. Nebraska)
Bye _

Pat Schoenfelder (Northern Iowa)
Danny Murphy (Iowa)

Rahman Johnson (Indiana Tech)
Bye

Renaldo Rodriguez-Spenc (Grand View )
Bye

Peyton Robb (Unat. Nebraska)
Hunter Washburn (Northern Iowa)

Bye
Patrick Boulanger (Saint Mary`s)

Keegan Shaw (Iowa)
Bye _

Bye
David Carr (Unat. Iowa Stat)

Bold is bottom half of the bracket

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Carr has some good tests.
Nardo, Robb and Silverstein
Robb and Silverstein both very good top 100 recruits last year, true freshman this year. Moody and Shaw of Iowa in the bracket - Shaw first round for Carr. Lawrence was runner-up last week in Cyclone Open 157 losing 4-3, Carr got 3rd

azchief32

Dec 10, 2016
Carr over Shaw 6-3. Two TD's for Carr, an escape and riding time. He did most of the shooting. Shaw is 5th on our depth chart at 157 but a veteran wrestler who is tough to score on.

Last edited:

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I have been following on track all morning. Took a quick glance at the brackets, and don’t see Duggan anywhere. Did I miss him in my scan, or did he end up not going?

azchief32

Dec 10, 2016
Carr 6-3 win over Robb. Robb had an escape and some pretty quick backs for his points on Carr.

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
Carr over Shaw 6-3. Two TD's for Carr, an escape and riding time. He did most of the shooting. Shaw is 5th on our depth chart at 157 but a veteran wrestler who is tough to score on.
Chief, I enjoy having your input over here. How do you figure Shaw is 5th on the chart? Carr's win over Robb is a very good win

azchief32

Dec 10, 2016
Chief, I enjoy having your input over here. How do you figure Shaw is 5th on the chart? Carr's win over Robb is a very good win

Sure. Young, Glosser, Moody, Murphy (who beat Shaw in wrestle offs), and Shaw, and Kellly...although Kelly is looking good for a young guy. Young and Glosser were pretty close but Young majored Moody...although I think Moody is better than that.

Also, Cassioippi just pinned Anderson in the first period. Cass took him down, rode him for over a minute and got reversed...was really close to back points for Anderson. Cass escaped, the bears danced for about 20 secs and Cassioippi went upper body lock and tripped Anderson for the fall. I do believe Cass is the real deal for us.

As for Carr, I guess I would say trust the process. He is so used to dominating but body wise, does not look like a 157. Trying to conquer the world in one period and gets himself tired which affects scoring points in the later periods. For right now, a simple formula of TD and rideout. Release in the second period for another few TDs and finish off for the major in the third. It's not pretty but the "Sorensen Method" is pretty good step for a guy like Carr. He is not ready but you can see him getting to legs, just whether he will start finishing the majority of those. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
Gotcha. I didnt know they all wrestled off. I kinda just figured It was Young then a big drop off.

Good stuff. I am excited for the dual tomorrow!

azchief32

Dec 10, 2016
Gotcha. I didnt know they all wrestled off. I kinda just figured It was Young then a big drop off.

Good stuff. I am excited for the dual tomorrow!

Nah...Young and and Glosser were really close. Young got a TD in OT last week. Although he didn't have many credentials, Glosser has developed into quite the load to handle. Very tough kid...can't say enough about him. Would start on a lot of Div 1 teams. Young has more offense though. Have fun tomorrow.