Cyclones TV on the Roku app

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Just looking for advice- does this work well? Same, better or worse than just watching it on a computer? Also, I seem to remember something weird about how you need to purchase this (maybe not). Can I just get the app, and sign up from there, or should I sign up now, and then get the app? Any advice would be appreciated.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
The app works great. However, you cannot watch anything that is over one month old. I emailed customer support and they know about it but gave a lame excuse.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I have a TCL with the Roku built in. It worked great the one time I’ve used it so far. Well other than having to fast forward three hours on a supposedly live broadcast to get to the game.

Visually it’s as good as streaming anything else.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclonepride

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I have it and second all positive comments noted. I haven't used it much though but when I do it works good. I bought it because I got it for the SDSU game because I wasn't able to make that one so kinda wasted money.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
I have a TCL with the Roku built in. It worked great the one time I’ve used it so far. Well other than having to fast forward three hours on a supposedly live broadcast to get to the game.

Visually it’s as good as streaming anything else.
This is an important point for first-time users. Don't panic if you go to watch the game at or after tip-off and you see pregame content. Just fast-forward until you catch up to the live content.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
Now it's just a matter of whether the wife minds me watching on the Roku, or if I'm relegated to my laptop. She's not pleased about the convergence of football and basketball seasons. I will read the tea leaves carefully...
Watch out for traps - and good luck.

Reactions: Cyclonepride
D

Deleted member 8507

I also confirm that Cyclones.TV on Roku works well. Biggest downside is you can't quickly flip between 2-3 channels during commercials, etc as you have to back out of Cy.tv, into Sling or other stream, etc. Really not worth it.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Do they have a Fire Stick app?
No they do not, which is baffling. I luckily have a Roku stick stored away in the basement from when I first was looking into cutting the cord. I will have to bring it up and hook it up to the Big tv. I have had issues in the past with the cyclones.tv app on roku and ended up just watching the game on my tablet via the website and either hooking it up to the hdmi or casting it to the tv.

octaviouspoon

Jul 25, 2016
No they do not, which is baffling. I luckily have a Roku stick stored away in the basement from when I first was looking into cutting the cord. I will have to bring it up and hook it up to the Big tv. I have had issues in the past with the cyclones.tv app on roku and ended up just watching the game on my tablet via the website and either hooking it up to the hdmi or casting it to the tv.

I do have a Roku as well, but not on the main floor TV. I also had issues with the quality and playback on the app last year. Hoping it's better this year, but I'll have my computer on standby just in case.

CyclONE Nation

Mar 16, 2017
I can't get my account to link to the roku.. It just says processing for 10-15 minutes.. anybody else have issues with that?