Baylor - Fine $2M gets rest of money back

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Weak sauce, pretty much what you would expect from the corrupt and self serving world of big time collegiate P5 sports.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I am ******* livid. These victims deserved justice and this is nowhere close.
I know I am going to get hammered for this but it isn't up to the conference to get these victims justice, that is what the justice system is for. I know that isn't likely to happen but the conference can't step in and give it to them as much as I wish they could. However it is up to the conference to protect the conference brand and protect the reputation of the rest of the conference. That is why I think they should have done much, much more than this.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
I am ******* livid. These victims deserved justice and this is nowhere close.

This is not a legal setting just a fine by the conference. This is in addition to whatever legal mess they got themselves into. My deal is if the rapes were over a 2-3 year time frame the fine should be no less that what the Big 12 gave them. If we paid them 20 million per year, the fine should be 20 million per year of the coverup. If it's 3 years that totals 60 million. If you don't like it - leave. 2 million is horse ****

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
It's crazy how little attention this got from the national media. I mean the Brock Turner was a household name. He should be rotting in prison but no one can even name any of the Baylor players (or the scores of other athletes getting a free pass for their crimes). They all are getting off even easier than Turner did.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
This is just the fine from the conference.

I am assuming there are civil suits from the victims and their families, too?

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm