Maryland/Iowa...

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Conventional wisdom would say that you'd go to a rivals board and give them **** when they lose. Hawk fans, in little bro fashion seem more likely to show up after we've won. Beating a top 10 team followed by an off week with no chance of an ISU loss is really getting to them.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Conventional wisdom would say that you'd go to a rivals board and give them **** when they lose. Hawk fans, in little bro fashion seem more likely to show up after we've won. Beating a top 10 team followed by an off week with no chance of an ISU loss is really getting to them.

This has been slow since yeahbuddy quit. Give it a week until he comes back.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I would be willing to wager a free slice of Carver pizza that scheduling the Cy-Hawk game during week 3 had nothing to do with Iowa State.
Obviously losing 4 straight has made Pollard pull out all the stops. CMC said he needed 2 weeks to properly prepare for the Hawks and Pollard gave it to him.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Obviously losing 4 straight has made Pollard pull out all the stops. CMC said he needed 2 weeks to properly prepare for the Hawks and Pollard gave it to him.

I know you're trying hard but this really isn't landing considering it was Iowa's decision. Cmon man

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I know you're trying hard but this really isn't landing considering it was Iowa's decision. Cmon man
Huh? You could have scheduled a team week 2 but Campbell said he needed two weeks to prepare. Pollard listened...not hard to understand.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Plenty of time for ISU to schedule a game week 2. Pollard/CMC want the 2 week prep for the Super Bowl though :)

For once I will give Pollard credit for scheduling strategy. Perfect move for them to try and get a win. Iowa has a way more important game the week before and ISU is off. Huge advantage for the Cyclones there. No one can deny that.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
By looking at the records of who beat who in the pre season for the BIG 12, there is not really much to brag about. Everyone is pretty darn average, to above average.

Saying ISU would beat Iowa with Purdy may be true, but a good coaching staff would have played him right away. A good coaching staff beats Iowa right? And Iowa has not beaten anyone good with the terrible schedule..... Why do ISU fans put their own team down so much?

Texas BARELY beats anyone they have played and are ranked 7th?!?! they are like Iowa of 2015, except with a loss and a brand name to boost rank.

For a Thinker you make some pretty stupid comments.

Sure, playing a true freshman in game 2 after just a month of practice and learning the the offense and after having the season opener cancelled makes total sense.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
For once I will give Pollard credit for scheduling strategy. Perfect move for them to try and get a win. Iowa has a way more important game the week before and ISU is off. Huge advantage for the Cyclones there. No one can deny that.

For a program like ISU that improves week by week I would think they would be better in game 3 than game 2

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
My father-in-law was a mathematician, and he’ll tell you he went to the school of hard knocks. Every mathematician that I know, I don’t know of any mathematician waving a degree from any university. He is telling me from his experiences from years of doing it.
My son is pursuing mathematics. It has given him some really unique opportunities. From unique computer programming hacking, exposure to private equity analysis, physics research etc.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Good thing they make Miralax for guys like you. Your so full of #@it now you should be taking some. You could also take Midol for your cramps.

• Friendly

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I sure how it does not storm for the Rutgers game, Iowa needs all the prep time in the world to prepare for ISU next year.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017

Who has the big 12 beaten in "non conference"/ that is worth anything?

NO ONE, there is currently no ranked team from out of conference that the Big 12 has defeated.

Boise State might be the best win. For all of the juggernauts that ISU has to play every year, it sure seems to me that those teams do not merit good quality wins, at least not this year.

For as much flack as the BIG 10 gets on this board and Iowa, it is almost comical at the arrogance of ISU fans and how flawed their actual SOS is when the BIG 10 team they play every year inflates the SOS. Just like with ISU being relevant now makes Iowa have a better SOS. Funny how that works but no one will admit it on this board.

• Informative

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

NO ONE, there is currently no ranked team from out of conference that the Big 12 has defeated.

Boise State might be the best win. For all of the juggernauts that ISU has to play every year, it sure seems to me that those teams do not merit good quality wins, at least not this year.

For as much flack as the BIG 10 gets on this board and Iowa, it is almost comical at the arrogance of ISU fans and how flawed their actual SOS is when the BIG 10 team they play every year inflates the SOS. Just like with ISU being relevant now makes Iowa have a better SOS. Funny how that works but no one will admit it on this board.
Well Grandpa Simpson has outed himself.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

If you don't think the Big Ten West is garbage please seek help