tenor.gif

I am well aware you can't quit CF.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
Lol what? Fran being a poor recruiter is why you are where you are

There's a difference between poor and tireless. Might want to grab a dictionary. I think Fran's biggest issue isn't recruiting but roster management and not stressing defense. You're not going to win in the Big 10 without being strong defensively and Iowa has been anywhere remotely good on defense during Fran's tenure.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN

I know.. He tried to hook up with my wife's cousin in Denver about 3 weeks ago. He tried to make all the ladies present in the apartment sign some sort of agreement, so she left and went to the clubs with a couple others instead.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I know.. He tried to hook up with my wife's cousin in Denver about 3 weeks ago. He tried to make all the ladies present in the apartment sign some sort of agreement, so she left and went to the clubs with a couple others instead.
Link?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
You might want to re-read my previous posts. I also said "tireless" and I believe I'm right about Lickliter and the previous fallout from the Alford years. Anyways, Uthoff was originally a UW recruit that transferred in. Fran didn't recruit him out of HS. Iowa doesn't really dabble in transfers and JUCOs all that much either, but I'd say guys like Garza, Cook and Weiskamp were pretty highly regarded coming out of HS. His two 4 star rated sons were highly rated, but that's not a tough recruiting sell. Marble was a Fran recruit that made an NBA roster (2 seasons). Aaron White was a pretty good recruit and panned out well and has carved out a pretty decent career in Europe. Adam Woodbury and Mike Gesell were pretty two good catches a few years back. Jok is in the NBA "G" league like Montee Morris

You do realize most of those name you brought up were Hawkeye fans from birth and dreamed of being a Hawkeye, no matter who the coach was.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
There's a difference between poor and tireless. Might want to grab a dictionary. I think Fran's biggest issue isn't recruiting but roster management and not stressing defense. You're not going to win in the Big 10 without being strong defensively and Iowa has been anywhere remotely good on defense during Fran's tenure.

Fran arguably is the laziest recruiter in the Big Ten

Reactions: MartinCy