MBB Pre-Season Scrimmages

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Sounds like we blew the doors off of them in the first half.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'm extremely calm. Just thought it was hilarious how they said they split two games in Ames against ISU when that wasn't the case at all. No biggie.
Do you think it was done without ISU's knowledge or consent?

• Funny
Reactions: CloneIce

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I think they reset the score to make sure that it stays competitive and they can work on situations. It would not be a positive for either team for one to be up 25 in the second half.

That's exactly it. I coached an AAU team in a scrimmage and we did a series of 6-minute periods. The idea was to fight hard and try to win each one.

Reactions: Cytasticlone

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Maybe, but HInes recently said he thinks our lineup will be:
NWB
Wigginton
Shayok
THT
Lard

I could see Talley or Jacobson starting at the 4 spot to start the year with THT possibly working his way into that role for conference play.

• Useful
Reactions: Cyclone06

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I could see Talley or Jacobson starting at the 4 spot to start the year with THT possibly working his way into that role for conference play.

Hope a box score get's leaked, I would like to see who played the most minutes and produced. It is just a scrimmage but could tip us off who'll be starting between THT or Jacobson.
Talley could get a look there too though with broken nose and him missing practice time I am assuming he'll be coming of the bench game 1 regardless.

• Useful
Reactions: jmb

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I'm extremely calm. Just thought it was hilarious how they said they split two games in Ames against ISU when that wasn't the case at all. No biggie.

How do you know there werent 2 20 minute games? Maybe the took a big break between them to practice.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Really would be nice to see a box score to see who played and how many minutes and other stats. Prohm really likes to use these as a way to play around with different lineups to see how well certain guys play together. Really interest to hear how some of the freshman played.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Someone wrote a thousand words on the box score last year. Could we get that again?
Also, if they could do it before the box score comes out, it would be even better.

TIA

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Someone wrote a thousand words on the box score last year. Could we get that again?
Also, if they could do it before the box score comes out, it would be even better.

TIA

Pretty sure that was me.

You all made fun of me for it.

I would love to do it again.

:)

EDIT -- I found it!

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/official-nebraska-vs-iowa-state-“secret”-scrimmage-thread.232696/page-4#post-5894250

It was slightly less than 500 words, though. Got to step up my game.

If you read that analysis, though, there is nothing in there that I am really embarrassed about writing or predicting now. It presaged most of the narratives about the team last year well. The only thing I feel wrong about was Wigginton coming on slow, but he still took at least a few games to be really rolling at the college level. We should not dismiss this data.

We stay healthy last year, and we probably were an NIT team, exactly like I said.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron