Is Fran building a regional powerhouse or just calling Iowa fans idiots and morons?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Well the Big Ten is way down again...although at this point I can’t remember the last time they were up.

What record in conference are you predicting? You’re going to have to go above and beyond to get past what is looking like an OOC schedule fart....again.

11-7

• Funny
Reactions: jmkc12

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
LOL, 12-8
You should hope for a better record than that if you want to get into the NCAA.
Nebraska went 13-5 last year and didn't get in. Looking at Iowa's (bad) schedule, they're going to need to really win because I don't think they'll have a strong RPI or SOS.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Well the Big Ten is way down again...although at this point I can’t remember the last time they were up.

What record in conference are you predicting? You’re going to have to go above and beyond to get past what is looking like an OOC schedule fart....again.

Go look at Iowa's OOC slate. The B1G being down actually hurts more than it helps.

• Agree
Reactions: Gunnerclone

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
LOL, 12-8

Would need a real good non-conference performance at 12-8 with the way the B1G is looking preseason. No elite teams (maybe Michigan St if things break right) and probably only 3 maybe 4 Top 25 teams.

I think Fran's best lineup may be Bohannon, Moss, Weiskamp, Nunge, Cook but I doubt he'll buy into that. Maybe I'm a little high on Nunge too there but Cook is better at the 5 so playing him with Garza presents issues. Fran will probably keep finding a way to get Kriener and Pemsl their 10-15 a game with lineups that can't keep anybody in front of them. Pemsl at the 3 is one of the crazier things I've ever seen a coach do in college basketball.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
You don't think Fran keeps his job even if they miss the big dance?

If he is on the bubble, it will probably buy him one more year cause of the buyout. If he has another year like last year, I would think he will be fired buyout or not.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
If he is on the bubble, it will probably buy him one more year cause of the buyout. If he has another year like last year, I would think he will be fired buyout or not.

I think he survives this year no matter what but next year will be tourney or bust.

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Man, I don't see that happening at all. I honestly think Iowa will win damn near 10 games in football including the bowl game so that will really overshadow a bad basketball season.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Iowa had a lot of really bad stretches on the offensive end of the court last year. You don't get behind by 20 points every night just because you can't guard. Hoiball won a crap a ton of games with a roster full of really bad defenders.
Every team has cold spells...need to be good enough on D to overcome those spells...we weren't. When teams are shooting over 50% from the field on you...you have a D problem.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
The narrative that Iowa is a good offensive team and defense is the only problem could be a stretch. They got down big very early in a majority of their B1G ten games due to scoring drought/turnovers indicating a major flaw in the offence. While JBo can hit 3s he lacks penetration and passing and Cook can be explosive at times but is far from consistent, the rest of the players games didn't seem above average in games I watched. I am curious if that is a result of being down very early and being in catch-up mode in a number of games inflated the team's offensive numbers.
Not what I observed. Like I said...every team has scoring draughts....your D helps you get through those. The Hawks D was horrible....couldn't get any stops.

Don't expect you guys to buy that but that's what I saw....

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
That sounds like a bad idea plus Fran isn't getting fired no matter what after this year

Yeah, if he didn't get canned with extreme prejudice last year, it's a lifetime deal.

Last edited: