best adware/spyware software?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
anyone have a suggestion for an adware/spyware program? I have Windows defender installed, but in the last few days I have been getting ads randomly poping up on my computer. There use to be free versions of Adware, but I don't see those anymore.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Spybot has upgraded to version 1.60 and it seems to be much faster. I have that installed on all of my computers. I also have Spywareblaster installed on my computers. They both have features to block spyware/adware and Spybot has a search feature to go in and look for spyware/adware to remove it. Both are free and can be downloaded easily from www.download.com

WLCY

Mar 24, 2006
West Liberty, IA
cytech

SuperAntiSpyware will get rid of AntiMalware? It has taken over my computer. Do you have to remove all your other spyware programs to install?

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Spybot has upgraded to version 1.60 and it seems to be much faster. I have that installed on all of my computers. I also have Spywareblaster installed on my computers. They both have features to block spyware/adware and Spybot has a search feature to go in and look for spyware/adware to remove it. Both are free and can be downloaded easily from www.download.com

i second both of those.

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
cytech

SuperAntiSpyware will get rid of AntiMalware? It has taken over my computer. Do you have to remove all your other spyware programs to install?

Probably won't be needed to remove others from your system it just depends on which ones you have installed.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
The best spyware you can get is abstinance. =) I dont keep anything installed and havent had spyware in years. Its perfectly avoidable. However if you do get an infection, a combination of Spybot and Adaware work great.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
AVG is a good program but I'm not a fan of Superantispyware, it is a memory hog in my opinion and tends to slow the computer down, even while only working in background.

Superantispyware is great for removing infections from your system, just remove it after the problems are gone

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Thank you guys for all of the help. I went with avast!, just because it had a cool pirate sound to it.:growl5cj: It really cleaned a lor of crap off the old hard drive and the computer is working better than it has for 4 months.