Story on Bates, Arnaud

LukePlansky

Nov 29, 2007
Ames
Hey,
I know you guys are hungry for ISU football information, so I figured I'd give you some interesting stuff from Monday's press conference and some more personal interviews from Sunday.
There's no point writing it if no one knows about it.

Here is the link:
Cyclone offense on edge after loss to Iowa

Here is Bates' main quote, which refers to the third-and-5 play midway through the third quarter:

“I didn’t get the job done. I hesitated, and I didn’t make a play when my team needed me to make a play, and that’s a big thing for me. I go off of making plays, and that’s what I want to do, and [Saturday] it was a big time for me to step up and make a play, and I didn’t do it.â€￾

We're in the process of setting up a RSS feed for our football coverage. I read the board when I get a chance (during class), and feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have questions, thoughts - anything but spam.

Usually my coverage is limited by the space in the paper and my time constraints, but I'm also setting up a blog to be able to report on all the smaller topics as well.

My next story will be on Iowa State's struggles in short-yardage situations.

Last edited:

LukePlansky

Nov 29, 2007
Ames
The Iowa game was a little bit different, because of their defensive line, but Iowa State doesn't have a Ryan Kock, and the offensive line hasn't gotten the overall push to grind out the third-and-1 or third-and-2.
Chizik said it was "being addressed as we speak" after I asked him about it during the press conference yesterday.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
The Iowa game was a little bit different, because of their defensive line, but Iowa State doesn't have a Ryan Kock, and the offensive line hasn't gotten the overall push to grind out the third-and-1 or third-and-2.
Chizik said it was "being addressed as we speak" after I asked him about it during the press conference yesterday.

OT: Next press conference ask Andrew Logue if it was his choice to use the 1st day in prison face for his rag picture. Whatta tool.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron