Per Jon Miller Iowa>Bucky

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz
D

Deleted member 8507

OK, I started it just out of curiosity and literally within the first 10 seconds, he is blabbering about Iowa is the better team and gave the game away. That is where I stopped listening. He probably just recycled this podcast from the Stanford game . . . .

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: Peter and aauummm

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Iowa 2-6 last 10 seasons versus Wisky. Wisky hasn’t lost in Kinnick since 2008 (11 seasons ago now after last night). Didn’t play 2 seasons in that span despite it being a ‘trophy’ game. Maybe it wasn’t yet a trophy game, i don’t know.

Cyfan1998

Sep 19, 2018
Iowa 2-6 last 10 seasons versus Wisky. Wisky hasn’t lost in Kinnick since 2008 (11 seasons ago now after last night). Didn’t play 2 seasons in that span despite it being a ‘trophy’ game. Maybe it wasn’t yet a trophy game, i don’t know.
This is a trophy game. Somehow, Iowa play in 4 games with a trophy every year (ISU, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Wisconsin)

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Sure, Wisky caught a break on that freaky touching by the Iowa player on the punt, but they took advantage of it too like good teams do.

And in the last half of the 4th quarter Wisky and Hornibrook made all the plays and Iowa and Stanley did not.

Iowa fans need to remember that even with that fluke TO, they still had the lead and seemed to be in control of the game. Wisky just made that one drive at the end that the better teams make, while Iowa couldn't.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
When Wisky needed to, they moved right down the field. Hornibrook had all day to throw, they could have thrown at will all day IMO. Iowa's offense has reason to think they outplayed Wisky but on defense, they got worked.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
This is a trophy game. Somehow, Iowa play in 4 games with a trophy every year (ISU, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Wisconsin)
Got off my ass & ventured out onto the web. Trophy was created in 2004 despite the series not being every year (Wisky did not play Iowa in 2 seasons straight not long after the trophy was created). So it is as I thought, a somewhat contrived rivalry.

• Funny
Reactions: benjimill

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Got off my ass & ventured out onto the web. Trophy was created in 2004 despite the series not being every year (Wisky did not play Iowa in 2 seasons straight not long after the trophy was created). So it is as I thought, a somewhat contrived rivalry.

Badgers and gophers are bigger rivals with each other than either is with Iowa. Iowa believes they are the biggest rival of each, but are not when you talk to the gophers or badgers.