*Official Iowa-ISU Prediction Thread*

lets-talk

Jun 13, 2018
Too much over analysis of this loss in this thread. Just a classic trap game phenomenon that's all. Isu was caught looking forward to the sooners and furthermore cmc handicapped himself by calling a vanilla O. The proof will be seen next week. I'm expecting isu to beat Oklahoma at home to the tune of around 31-21.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
"And yes, Iowa has a decent defense, but with that being said.... ISU didn't even try to do anything offensively all day long."

This says it all. You seriously think ISU "didn't even try to do anything offensively all day long"? Or maybe that, they did try, and just couldn't do anything.

Prove me wrong then. Show me all the highlights in the first 3 quarters of ISU even throwing one deep ball. There wasn't any. Show me the WR screens we run all the time and scored a 55 yd TD with against SDSU the week before. There wasn't a single one even attempted. Show me where we tried to ever isolate an Iowa LB on one of our RBs out of the backfield. There wasn't any.

We tried almost NOTHING. It was a complete and total failure on CMC's part calling the plays he did.

But congrats on stopping us running up the middle all day and never even attempting to stretch the field vertically or horizontally all day. Wait... we did throw deep to Butler late in the game... oh, and Iowa's DBs couldn't handle him and had to mug him and we got a PI penalty. Hmmm.... I wonder why we never tried that in the first 3 1/2 quarters? I guess CMC was intimidated by your 5'10" DBs covering 6'6" Butler and 6'4" Eaton, but who knows the hell why? Not me.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
TCU will be a much better defense

I don't know about "better", but they will be a lot faster. That's why it boggles my mind we didn't even attempt to stretch Iowa's D out vertically or horizontally. We beat OU doing that last year, but CMC tried to beat Iowa without showing OU anything or something? Dumb move.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't know about "better", but they will be a lot faster. That's why it boggles my mind we didn't even attempt to stretch Iowa's D out vertically or horizontally. We beat OU doing that last year, but CMC tried to beat Iowa without showing OU anything or something? Dumb move.

I'm not sure how much CMC tried Saturday. It was pretty obvious they were looking ahead to Oklahoma IMO

• Funny
Reactions: breck53

mriowaniceguy

Sep 11, 2015
What are you talking about? If he doesn't try in conference play he won't get in a bowl game

You know what's sad? The way Jamie Pollard tried to schedule a game with Drake and then asked the NCAA to drop the bowl eligibility bar to 5 wins because ISU had to cancel a game.

QZrHDMb.jpg

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You know what's sad? The way Jamie Pollard tried to schedule a game with Drake and then asked the NCAA to drop the bowl eligibility bar to 5 wins because ISU had to cancel a game.

QZrHDMb.jpg

You guys hate Pollard. We love Barta. That explains it all

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Prove me wrong then. Show me all the highlights in the first 3 quarters of ISU even throwing one deep ball. There wasn't any. Show me the WR screens we run all the time and scored a 55 yd TD with against SDSU the week before. There wasn't a single one even attempted. Show me where we tried to ever isolate an Iowa LB on one of our RBs out of the backfield. There wasn't any.

We tried almost NOTHING. It was a complete and total failure on CMC's part calling the plays he did.

But congrats on stopping us running up the middle all day and never even attempting to stretch the field vertically or horizontally all day. Wait... we did throw deep to Butler late in the game... oh, and Iowa's DBs couldn't handle him and had to mug him and we got a PI penalty. Hmmm.... I wonder why we never tried that in the first 3 1/2 quarters? I guess CMC was intimidated by your 5'10" DBs covering 6'6" Butler and 6'4" Eaton, but who knows the hell why? Not me.

You guys are so awesome. You seriously think your coach wasn't trying. That is amazingly awesome.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA

QZrHDMb.jpg

What's wrong with all that? There really aren't many options at all for getting a 12th game back on the schedule, and obviously we really need that 12th game for player development.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I thought you were a Campbell loyalist.

The avatar curse has struck again.

I love Campbell and I honestly like his philosophy on focusing on conference and bowl games but that leaves the blame on him for losing in the non conference.

I think he believed we could win the game without showing OU any film just based on the fact we're the more talented team. The problem is he underestimated how much this game means to the Iowa football program and that trumped the talent advantage IMO

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I love Campbell and I honestly like his philosophy on focusing on conference and bowl games but that leaves the blame on him for losing in the non conference.

I think he believed we could win the game without showing OU any film just based on the fact we're the more talented team. The problem is he underestimated how much this game means to the Iowa football program and that trumped the talent advantage IMO

Haha, you're working overtime.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron