FAWcast: Dickson Jensen

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
why is it every generation thinks "oh, this generation is so lazy and has no work ethic." Work has changed and having a cell phone isn't a bad thing. Talk about an easy way to alienate a portion of your potential work force.
You sound lazy

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
I thought it was a little weird that he said he started the harvester to give back to iowans and give them something to be proud of. Then when talking about membership for the new and improved "private" club, he basically said his main membership targets were rich people from other states.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I thought it was a little weird that he said he started the harvester to give back to iowans and give them something to be proud of. Then when talking about membership for the new and improved "private" club, he basically said his main membership targets were rich people from other states.
Didn't it open in 2000? 18 years of giving and sounds like people didn't appreciate it or value what they had.

• Agree
Reactions: ianoconnor

skibumspe

Oct 8, 2006
South Korea
There are very few people in Story County I respect less, regardless of financial position. I get along well with several of the other Jensens around (his brothers' families and the next generation etc).

Dickson has screwed over many people and aggressively tries to block city and school district plans with the sole purpose of benefitting himself through developments. I understand ISU needs donors but he’s truly a horrible person.

I wholeheartedly second both of these sentiments....not to mention his open willingness to take countless amounts of government subsidies by relocating low income mothers from Chicago & conveniently transplanting them into his empty apartment complexes throughout the county, as he has suggested was part of his Christian duty to help these poor, single mothers. Not saying this has led directly to the increase in crime but it certainly hasn't helped the situation as the generally troubled fathers have inevitably followed.

On a personal note, when the man continuously comes knocking on my parents door as my father is in the final months of his life & stating that they can either sell their acreage to him now at his 'extremely generous' offer or he'll get it for next to nothing when the old man finally dies, it tells me all I need to know about his morals & ethics. Again & again, he was politely asked to leave the property & cease with his overtures until finally the local police kindly asked Dickson to end the 'harassing' - guess it helps to have lived in the same town for nearly 50 years. Now that my brother has taken over the farm/acreage, Dickson has only made a few attempts to swoop in but either way, the man had already done a wonderful job of 'expanding' the Huxley community by, as FarminCy noted, aggressively blocking or circumventing legal parameters but has added no real value to the community whatsoever. Seems like he's more than happy to be a greedy scourge rather than actually doing productive things to help a town grow.

Some may appreciate the money (inheritance & 'development) he drops on Iowa State but I would be more than happy if he squandered the remainder & got served a steaming plate of karma.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
sounds like dickson is a douche bag.

I didn’t even know about the rest of the stuff. I just know he tries to get 7th grade girls to quit all sports so he can get them to play for him year round. He is a douche bag.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Don’t know anything about the man, but there seems to be a lot of one side of the story teaming up on here. Part of message boards and social media I guess, but not one of the fonder ones in my mind. Sometimes certain things make it too easy to vilify people.

• Agree
Reactions: dosry5

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Wasn't he buds with Leath? If I remmember he may have taken some flights with him....he was probably bummed when he left town.

skibumspe

Oct 8, 2006
South Korea
Don’t know anything about the man, but there seems to be a lot of one side of the story teaming up on here.

I can't speak for others on here but I was merely compelled to state facts & truth based on personal experiences our family had w/the man as well as the interactions he had w/the community my parents were actively involved in & called home for a half century.

Either way, he certainly had his reasons for continuously badgering a dying man to sell him our pristine tract of farmland, timber, lake, barns, & home for next to nothing w/the usual parting shot of 'I'll have it eventually, and for much less than I'm offering now'.

Last edited:

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Don’t know anything about the man, but there seems to be a lot of one side of the story teaming up on here. Part of message boards and social media I guess, but not one of the fonder ones in my mind. Sometimes certain things make it too easy to vilify people.

It’s not social media that makes it easy to vilify Dickson. He does a damn good job of it himself.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
We've thought about buying a lot at the harvester for a future house . That's all I know. Can someone explain what's going on out there for me?