Two More Hawkeye Suspensions Looming?

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Hearing news that Cedrick Lattimore and Alaric Jackson are in some trouble.

Strike two for Jackson if true.

Hawks will face NIU without their two OT’s. Tough matchup against a potential 1st round NFL defensive linemen.

Edited: Removed reason until we hear 100% confirmation.

Last edited:

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
He’s not a 1st rd D lineman...he’s 6’0 and 230LBs..although for a MAC dlineman he’s darn good..1st rd? No. But i get what u are saying..

Hmm. Losing Lattimore might hurt more honestly..Iowa interior Dline unproven depth past starters..remember Reiff is out too. But ye losing Alaric Jackson would not be good and if it is his 2nd strike with drug related stuff that is more than a 1 gamer i believe.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
He’s not a 1st rd D lineman...he’s 6’0 and 230LBs..although for a MAC dlineman he’s darn good..1st rd? No. But i get what u are saying..

Hmm. Losing Lattimore might hurt more honestly..Iowa interior Dline unproven depth past starters..remember Reiff is out too. But ye losing Alaric Jackson would not be good and if it is his 2nd strike with drug related stuff that is more than a 1 gamer i believe.

He’s an All-American, shattered every NIU defensive record last year and was two tackles for loss away from leading the country. He’s been compared to Ndamukong Suh by multiple NFL scouts and goes up against one of the best tackles in the country at practice each day.

He’s 6’1 and up 20 pounds from last year. In my opinion he very well could go in the first round.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I mean if true, and it sounds like news will break tomorrow, how absolutely stupid can you be if they were smokin reefer during camp? I mean seriously? That just isnt an individual player problem thats a program problem and leadership problem. I get that kids do stupid things but camp just started.

• Creative
Reactions: s_ford

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Yo @benjimill, what is your hawkeye hot take on this subject?

Haven’t heard anything about Jackson + Lattimore specifically, but there have been rumors of additional suspensions for a while. Seems strange if that were to be announced tomorrow, as I have not heard anything about this (and I knew about the Snyder situation about a week before Iowa’s press release).

If it is true, that obviously hurts Iowa pretty badly, moreso offensively than defensively. Iowa has enough guys they like along the defensive line to fill in for Lattimore for one game (even without Reiff). Being down both starting OTs is a much bigger loss and could really hamper Iowa’s offense to start the season.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: NWICY and Rural

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Hearing news that Cedrick Lattimore and Alaric Jackson got busted for smoking the reefer. Allegedly

Hawks will face NIU without their two OT’s. Tough matchup against a potential 1st round NFL defensive linemen.

Wow Jackson would miss the ISU game if true

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
lalalala.gif

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Haven’t heard anything about Jackson + Lattimore specifically, but there have been rumors of additional suspensions for a while. Seems strange if that were to be announced tomorrow, as I have not heard anything about this (and I knew about the Snyder situation about a week before Iowa’s press release).

If it is true, that obviously hurts Iowa pretty badly, moreso offensively than defensively. Iowa has enough guys they like along the defensive line to fill in for Lattimore for one game (even without Reiff). Being down both starting OTs is a much bigger loss and could really hamper Iowa’s offense to start the season.

This is a huge blow with Iowa's lack of depth on the OL

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

RedBayou

Jun 27, 2018
Hearing news that Cedrick Lattimore and Alaric Jackson got busted for smoking the reefer. Allegedly

I’ve heard both of those names, but not for weed.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
He’s an All-American, shattered every NIU defensive record last year and was two tackles for loss away from leading the country. He’s been compared to Ndamukong Suh by multiple NFL scouts and goes up against one of the best tackles in the country at practice each day.

He’s 6’1 and up 20 pounds from last year. In my opinion he very well could go in the first round.
I’m sorry but you’re losing me here. I’ve never seen a 6’1 235 lb DE get taken in the first round.

Suh is also what, 6’5 310? Just silly.