FAWcast: Dickson Jensen

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
why is it every generation thinks "oh, this generation is so lazy and has no work ethic." Work has changed and having a cell phone isn't a bad thing. Talk about an easy way to alienate a portion of your potential work force.

giphy.gif

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
There are very few people in Story County I respect less, regardless of financial position. I get along well with several of the other Jensens around (his brothers' families and the next generation etc).

Reactions: Knownothing

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
yeesh, we finally have at least one really rich dude who loves the cyclones and spends money on the program....and every post immediately starts bashing the guy. (face palm GIF if I knew how to do that...)

:facepalm:

Tried to copy from another site, but apparently it doesn't work here.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
yeesh, we finally have at least one really rich dude who loves the cyclones and spends money on the program....and every post immediately starts bashing the guy. (face palm GIF if I knew how to do that...)

Don't know anything else about him other than the fact that he has been a great supporter of Iowa State basketball. And I appreciate him for that.

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I never realized that was Jensen. Does he still own it? I saw they are turning it into a private club. They killed off the tees, fareways and greens to redo the course. They’ve got equipment out there and are moving a bunch of dirt on the course. The club house is torn down to the studs right now. I’m wondering what the plan for that place is. I never saw golfers out there because it’s too far from anywhere. They also took all the pumps and tanks out of the former gas station.
The podcast has answers to all of your questions

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
most people don't build golf courses to be rich. they already are rich, and just want to own a course for fun. and then they become less rich.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I squirm because my 10 year old godson has already been forced into one sport and is already doing training 3 times a week. Why can't we let kids just be kids and enjoy life. Funny how much we let these coaches rule our children but God forbid we give teachers the latitude we give these coaches.

When I was in High School (Late 90's Early Oughts) some football players would go play in the marching band at halftime of the football game.

Small school, and everybody knew there was no D1 or NFL/NBA talent within 100 miles.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
It was a top 50 course so, yeah it was a success for him. He wasn't in it to make a bunch of money. His current take is a little different but you'd know that if you actually listened to the podcast.
You need to talk with the folks that orginally signed on and live in the area around the golf course. The whole package is changing...big time. I know I would be disappointed if I had bit.

That said, the golf course that came in at Polk City took a lot of the potential market away for the Harvester.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
When I was in High School (Late 90's Early Oughts) some football players would go play in the marching band at halftime of the football game.

Small school, and everybody knew there was no D1 or NFL/NBA talent within 100 miles.

They still do that at a lot of schools. Kid in full football uniform marching around with the band. Have to respect the coach for understanding what School sports and life is all about. Probably the same coach that don't hide concussions and hold the best players to the same level of responsibility as the kids that will never play. I respect that.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I do not know him but have heard few good things about him from those involved with Attack.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
They still do that at a lot of schools. Kid in full football uniform marching around with the band. Have to respect the coach for understanding what School sports and life is all about. Probably the same coach that don't hide concussions and hold the best players to the same level of responsibility as the kids that will never play. I respect that.

Or, in the case of a local school, the kids know that the coach isn't going to play them so they like band and just do it on their own. Then the coach gets irritated and doesn't play them so its a self fulfilling type thing.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
When you're business, you are going to have people that dislike you and people that like you. It comes with the territory. I don't know the gentleman, but I'm sure he has moments that he regrets and moments he is very proud of.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
You need to talk with the folks that orginally signed on and live in the area around the golf course. The whole package is changing...big time. I know I would be disappointed if I had bit.

That said, the golf course that came in at Polk City took a lot of the potential market away for the Harvester.
No I don't. The golf course was top 50 in the country. That was a success in his mind and exactly what he was going for.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk

Same thing at my high school in the mid 2000s

Help Support Us

Become a patron