This is worse than public intox...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Snyder didn't have to miss a game for his OWI so I'm curious if Wirfs will. Seems like Kirk picks and chooses how he punishes players instead of following a code of conduct

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'll bet $1,000 that he misses a game. I'm assuming that the arrest was legit, of course. Nobody got hurt and that's all I care about.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Will be interesting to see how KF handles this. This is WAY worse than what Reiff did. Reiff got screwed.... he shouldn't have even been arrested IMO. He was trying to do the right thing and avoid doing what Wirfs did. The cop should have taken him home and congratulated him for not trying to drive home drunk IMO.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'll bet $1,000 that he misses a game. I'm assuming that the arrest was legit, of course. Nobody got hurt and that's all I care about.

It'd be really weird to make him miss a game when his teammate doesn't have to for the exact same crime

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Will be interesting to see how KF handles this. This is WAY worse than what Reiff did. Reiff got screwed.... he shouldn't have even been arrested IMO. He was trying to do the right thing and avoid doing what Wirfs did. The cop should have taken him home and congratulated him for not trying to drive home drunk IMO.

The only reason Reiff got suspended was because it became national news. Iowa's way of handling players getting in trouble is messed up and inconsistent

• Friendly
Reactions: SpokaneCY

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Agree. Wirfs will get a game, and Iowa won't need him against NIU anyway. He'll be back for the Super Bowl though for sure.

I'm also just glad nobody got hurt. That is ALWAYS the best news in these situations.

• Agree
Reactions: clone2003

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
It'd be really weird to make him miss a game when his teammate doesn't have to for the exact same crime
Nothing is weird in college football. Except chicks kicking field goals...but that's weird in a good way.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The only reason Reiff got suspended was because it became national news. Iowa's way of handling players getting in trouble is messed up and inconsistent

I disagree that the only reason Reiff got suspended was because it became national news. I think he would have gotten suspended anyway. The problem that KF creates for himself though is if he gives Wirfs the same punishment as Reiff, when they are not even close to equal crimes.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I disagree that the only reason Reiff got suspended was because it became national news. I think he would have gotten suspended anyway. The problem that KF creates for himself though is if he gives Wirfs the same punishment as Reiff, when they are not even close to equal crimes.

I wonder if there is a set rule for suspensions?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I wonder if there is a set rule for suspensions?

Iowa fans will tell you that it's ok if Reiff and Wirfs get the same number of games because KF will make Wirfs run more stairs. Yeah, right.... ok. "It will be handled internally".

Reactions: Brandon