Cohlton Schultz commits to ASU

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Dresser's plan to offer guys full rides this year by running so many kids off last year hasn't been very fruitful quite yet.

Missing out on Teske, Schultz and most like Assad really stings especially when you have so much to offer.
95Mg.gif

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Damn that "sights & scene" of Mill Avenue...can't say I blame the kid.

ACSlater

Nov 28, 2012
MitchL! Hello. Welcome back to the cyclone wrestling board.

Not sure who you are referring to but if MitchL has the same opinion as I do then I’m glad to hear someone else on this board can take off the cardinal and gold glasses and call a spade a spade..

• Funny
Reactions: buf87

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not sure who you are referring to but if MitchL has the same opinion as I do then I’m glad to hear someone else on this board can take off the cardinal and gold glasses and call a spade a spade..

He is probably the most racist person on any wrestling board, so if you share an opinion with him, it says quite a bit about you.

• Agree
Reactions: Judoka and Scott34

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
It’s Mitch. It’s like he has cut and pasted his comments from the Hawk board. Complete d-bag. Was all over the board when KJ was here.

I second SimpsonClones sentiments.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
So on scholarship next year they’ll have Reeves, Mackall, Gomez, Small, Parker, Degen, Carr, Coleman, Foca, Shapiro, Colbray, and Gremel.

There is probably some money left, but not a ton of full rides. Reeves and Foca are already the making of a very solid class. 1 more guy would really make it great.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Reeves - .75
Mackall - .25
Gomez - 1.0
Small - .25
Parker - .5
Degen - .75
Carr - 1.0
Coleman - .5
Foca - .5
Shapiro - .5
Colbray - 1.0 - based on how he came in as a recruit
- Gremmel - .5

Probably split up another 1.0 between Leisure, Straw, bush, and all the 65s.

That’s leave some some money, but not like they have multiple full rides to throw around. Obviously Schultz would warrant a full, and they were targeting him. Hopefully there is another big time target, or at least a couple mid tier commits out there.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
With basically only Miklus going off next year. Not much more money will free up. Bush and St John are probably getting some, but that is the 3 seniors, I think

• Agree
Reactions: SimpsonCyclone

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
Reeves - .75
Mackall - .25
Gomez - 1.0
Small - .25
Parker - .5
Degen - .75
Carr - 1.0
Coleman - .5
Foca - .5
Shapiro - .5
Colbray - 1.0 - based on how he came in as a recruit
- Gremmel - .5

Probably split up another 1.0 between Leisure, Straw, bush, and all the 65s.

That’s leave some some money, but not like they have multiple full rides to throw around. Obviously Schultz would warrant a full, and they were targeting him. Hopefully there is another big time target, or at least a couple mid tier commits out there.
Unless things have changed since I was in school (which they very well could have), scholarships can be a combination of academic and athletic. When I went to school, I received a "full ride". However, 1/2 was athletic scholarship and the other 1/2 was academic. If it is still done this same way, I don't see how anyone can calculate the supposed scholarship level of each athlete unless you have insider information.

cywr89

May 14, 2009
csteve - you are dead on! For instance, Cobray received a full non-athletic scholarship (Carver Scholarship). I believe it was for 4 years. The full athletic scholarships are few and far between and some schools play the scholarship game different than others. PSU take schlorships away from Seniors but then pay them after graduation from Camp $, etc. At Ok State all incoming freshman wrestlers are considered in-state kids. Thus, they can recruit out-of-state kids without worrry about using more $ on them.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
One other area, was available when I was there and I know it was up til 2000, was ethnic scholarships. In order to bolster diversity at ISU, minorities could receive anywhere up to a full ride. Grades and other factors figured into how much was received. So you could have a full ride wrestler on a diversity scholly that counted for 0 wrestling scholarships.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron