If Hilton Magic Legends wins TBT Alex G wins $40,000

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
other than to remind me to post my link on twitter some more

Well not only that but I wouldn't want some stranger putting up my last name on this forum and tying it to the possibility of winning $40K. There's a reason the website shows his initial rather than his full name.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
  • Funny
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
That's dumb, she'd probably just buy yarn and caramel candies.
51nBUJjpU2L.jpg

NDMARTIN2015

Jun 7, 2018
Des Moines
Not surprised, I still haven’t received any of my TBT points, I think there is some collusion going on here.. fork over half of your points to me, and we can forget any of this is happening.

Reactions: isutrevman

barryb4384

Jun 30, 2006
Jason F is only 120 points behind Alex and you can actually still add points. I emailed a few days ago and said you can still add points up to August 1st. I climbed a few spots yesterday. Alex could actually get overtaken by someone switching to Hilton Magic Legends before the Semifinal games. Those people lose half their points, but there are a few people that would have over 2000 points possibly by then and could switch if their team gets knocked out. I'm pretty safely in the $5000 bracket, but know I would likely get knocked down to $1000 by fans of other teams switching should HM Legends get to the finals.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If you simply just signed up as a fan and did nothing else how much do you get?

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Probably nothing. And I could never get my Twitter points to work I tried a dozen times, not sure what I was doing wrong

barryb4384

Jun 30, 2006

Probably nothing at this point. You could rack up some points but some of the easy points can't be had now due to deadlines and even if you pick the team that wins it all, many others from other teams will transfer in once it gets down to the final 4 teams and knock you further down the list. But it is worth a try. If you have a ton of family and friends who haven't joined, they could join using your link and you could get up over 100 points pretty quickly.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Probably nothing at this point. You could rack up some points but some of the easy points can't be had now due to deadlines and even if you pick the team that wins it all, many others from other teams will transfer in once it gets down to the final 4 teams and knock you further down the list. But it is worth a try. If you have a ton of family and friends who haven't joined, they could join using your link and you could get up over 100 points pretty quickly.
Getting points through supporting is closed. Now you can only gain points for each win, but everyone else supporting that team will also get points so really no way to move up now.

barryb4384

Jun 30, 2006
Email I got from TBT two days ago:

Hi Ben,

You can still recruit fans for 10 points each up until August 1 at Noon EDT which is right before our semifinals take place in Baltimore.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best,
Dan Gould

So, points are not closed. I actually got 30 more points by recruiting 3 new people yesterday. You can continue to recruit people up to August 1st.

Getting points through supporting is closed. Now you can only gain points for each win, but everyone else supporting that team will also get points so really no way to move up now.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
One thing that has upset me so far with the Tournament (At least this year) is how they change there rules and it just is whatever. The whole "fill out a tournament bracket" thing was supposed to close at Noon Eastern one day. They closed it at 9 a.m. and just posted one tweet the night before saying it was closing at 9 a.m. I had planned on doing it that day, but lost out on points by not getting it in.

Other than that, I love The Tournament and can't wait for Hilton Magic Legends to play.

barryb4384

Jun 30, 2006
One thing that has upset me so far with the Tournament (At least this year) is how they change there rules and it just is whatever. The whole "fill out a tournament bracket" thing was supposed to close at Noon Eastern one day. They closed it at 9 a.m. and just posted one tweet the night before saying it was closing at 9 a.m. I had planned on doing it that day, but lost out on points by not getting it in.

Other than that, I love The Tournament and can't wait for Hilton Magic Legends to play.

I agree. They made a lot of changes this year. I don't think they gave out points for filling out a bracket this year. I know I filled out one and didn't get any points, same with my brother. And I barely got mine in because it seemed like it popped up all of a sudden. My bracket is busted now anyway because I had Team Colorado winning it all and they got beat yesterday.

rhoho

Dec 2, 2015
Southern Iowa
I am sitting on my points right now. I did not pick a team so I wont lose half my points if i had to switch. I will pick a team right before the deadline of the final four. I am wondering how many others did the same.

• Creative
Reactions: Cyke