Where is Everyone Watching The Game

Josh

Sep 3, 2008
Clive IA
Where is everyone watching the game at. Is anyone going out in DSM to watch or staying home I would like to come where all the action is. If any one is going to a bar and know the owners I have 2 28 foot tall sky dancers that are RED and Yellow that we could put on the outside of the place. So if anyone is in the west desmoines area let me know.

GO STATE.....

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Trying to decided between the Inner Harbor of Baltimore or Cyrstal City VA (basically Washington DC)

Not the answer you were looking for but fits the title of the thread

(aka I need more credits for this weekend... :rolleyes:)

Reactions: JHudd

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
living room with a cooler of beer next to me (not even gettin' up to go to the fridge). I'm guessing my 2 dogs will be hiding in the furthest room in the house avoiding the intoxicated, screamin' - hollerin', cardinal-and-gold-clad freak that takes over the living room every year about this time.:arghh:

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
living room with a cooler of beer next to me (not even gettin' up to go to the fridge). I'm guessing my 2 dogs will be hiding in the furthest room in the house avoiding the intoxicated, screamin' - hollerin', cardinal-and-gold-clad freak that takes over the living room every year about this time.:arghh:

Thats my 3rd choice... and blare the fight song to scare my neighbors and have them hiding in the furthest room of the apartment avoiding the intoxicated, screamin' - hollerin', cardinal-and-gold-clad freak that would be taking over the living room

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
DJs Dugout on 114th and Dodge in Omaha. I'm not sure when it opens but I'll be there soon after. I'd love to see a bar jam-packed with Cyclone fans!

Thank God nebraska isn't playing at the same time...:arghh:

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
Thats my 3rd choice... and blare the fight song to scare my neighbors and have them hiding in the furthest room of the apartment avoiding the intoxicated, screamin' - hollerin', cardinal-and-gold-clad freak that would be taking over the living room
Totally forgot that point - I'll be blarin' the ISU drumline prior to kickoff. Good call!:yes:

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Anybody know which bar there might be a watch at here in Cedar Falls? Its still up in the air if I make it down to tailgate so I might just stay here and watch the Cyclone hit iowa city

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Due to family obligations, I'll be watching at home. Got the flat screen and stereo surround, so I won't be slumming it. However, I just like the bar atmosphere for games like this (if given the choice).

If I had the opportunity, I'd hit the downtown farmer's market about 8 bells and then head to Johnny's. The nice thing about heading downtown is that if one place is too crowded or you can't find a seat, you're within a block or two of plenty of Plan B locations (Legends, Shorty's, High Life Lounge, Court Ave Brewery, 101 Lounge, Royal Mile, etc.). With the large crowds that will already be in the Court Ave for the farmers market (you can usually count on 20,000+ this time of year), it should be a fun atmosphere down there! Side note: It always amazing me how many people attending the Saturday morning farmer's markets on any given game day are sporting their school's colors. It makes it kind of fun.

As a regular to the farmer's market, I can provide some hints for parking for those heading to the official game watch at Johnny's (or elsewhere downtown) .

* closest parking -- parking ramp at 3rd and Court Ave. I don't ever recall this filling up completely and it is the closest in proximity to Johnny's. The downside - waiting for people to get in and out. It can get pretty congested on Saturday mornings so I tend to avoid it although I know many that park there each Saturday morning.
* 2nd Avenue, north of Court Avenue. I almost always park here. I think since it is a one-way (heading north) away from the farmer's market, people don't take the time to drive down it when looking for parking. I never have a problem finding street parking on 2nd.
* bridges - Grand, Locust, Walnut, Court - again, I don’t' think people think to park on the bridges. There is usually ample parking there.

Go Clones!

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Where is everyone watching the game at. Is anyone going out in DSM to watch or staying home I would like to come where all the action is. If any one is going to a bar and know the owners I have 2 28 foot tall sky dancers that are RED and Yellow that we could put on the outside of the place. So if anyone is in the west desmoines area let me know.

GO STATE.....

Joe Senser's in Bloomington, MN along with 200 of my closest ISU friends.

Reactions: JHudd

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
buddies place in Ames. Starting about 830-9 with the breakfast food and screwdrivers then after the first quarter i have to stop. Since i have to work sat night. should be a good time though.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
E-Wheezy, I say we go to becks or the OP on university and watch it since my bro in law doesnt want to tailgate anymore, the sally that he is.

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I'd really like to see Johnny's Hall of Fame - for those in Des Moines - get a big "opening road game crowd" since they are the new sponsor. Besides, I hear they've done a lot of revnovations and the place is pretty nice.

For personal reasons it's highly unlikely I'll be there, but am going to try.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I'd really like to see Johnny's Hall of Fame - for those in Des Moines - get a big "opening road game crowd" since they are the new sponsor. Besides, I hear they've done a lot of revnovations and the place is pretty nice.

For personal reasons it's highly unlikely I'll be there, but am going to try.

I’m planning to hit Johnny’s, first football gamewatch in Des Moines for me. I would expect a good crowd, hopefully we can fill it with enough Cyclone fans to keep the hawks out though. I’ll be waiting outside the doors when they open at 9am, heck I might even camp out on the sidewalk Friday night. Ok, not really, if I were that hardcore I’d be going to Iowa ****ty. But I’ll be there, first thing!

Fletch

Apr 10, 2006
Vines on Clark in Chicago...

A couple of friends want to taunt the animals at Merkles and Barley Corn but I am going to pass.

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
If any one is going to a bar and know the owners I have 2 28 foot tall sky dancers that are RED and Yellow that we could put on the outside of the place.

Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube men?

al.jpg

Help Support Us

Become a patron