Votes: 16 8.2%
  • PJ Fleck, Minnesota

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Pat Fitzgerald, Northwestern

Votes: 9 4.6%

• Total voters

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
A lot can happen in 2 years. Coaches may retire, move to different schools, etc, others will have had enough time to establish their culture. I think we have a handful of great coaches in our backyard.

Flash forward a couple years and predict how you'd rank the local programs.

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
I voted Iowa because I’m an unabashed homer. Truthfully, when you talk about a program, you’re talking about an ongoing tradition of winning. Something that is sustainable. I don’t know that Campbell can do that at ISU in just, basically, three years. Not enough time. The more realistic question would be five years.

The boat rower is a fraud, he’s out. I’m just not sure about Frost, however, he doesn’t have to deal with a history of inpeptitude that Campbell has to reckon with. Fitzgerald and Ferentz are what you see what you get. Theyve brought the program to where it’s going to be.

If Campbell stays, don’t rip into me, I’m not saying he’s going anywhere, but, if he stays, ISU will almost certainly be at the middle tier of program in the country. Consistent bowl games and a decent chance at more every 5-10 years. That’s where Iowa and Northwestern are now. Probably moreso Iowa than Northwestern.

If you had asked 5 years, I would say that Nebraska would probably be 1st, gag, then throw a blanket over Iowa, ISU, and Northwestern. I hope Minnesota is ceded to Canada and their stupid 10,000 lakes serves as a septic tank.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I voted Iowa because I’m an unabashed homer. Truthfully, when you talk about a program, you’re talking about an ongoing tradition of winning. Something that is sustainable. I don’t know that Campbell can do that at ISU in just, basically, three years. Not enough time. The more realistic question would be five years.

The boat rower is a fraud, he’s out. I’m just not sure about Frost, however, he doesn’t have to deal with a history of inpeptitude that Campbell has to reckon with. Fitzgerald and Ferentz are what you see what you get. Theyve brought the program to where it’s going to be.

If Campbell stays, don’t rip into me, I’m not saying he’s going anywhere, but, if he stays, ISU will almost certainly be at the middle tier of program in the country. Consistent bowl games and a decent chance at more every 5-10 years. That’s where Iowa and Northwestern are now. Probably moreso Iowa than Northwestern.

If you had asked 5 years, I would say that Nebraska would probably be 1st, gag, then throw a blanket over Iowa, ISU, and Northwestern. I hope Minnesota is ceded to Canada and their stupid 10,000 lakes serves as a septic tank.

Can't argue with much here. I think Frosty will get it done in Lincoln and have the best program out of the ones listed.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloned

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin

Yeah, I chose Iowa State for the same reason. I think this is a really good take though. I agree that Nebraska should be the best of the ones listed, but I'm not so sure they will be. I also think at this point the best Nebraska can hope for is for Wisconsin level success. They are no longer on the level of Oklahoma, Ohio State, or Alabama

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Whar Lovie Smith?
I'm wondering if the idea wasn't to eliminate the best and worst team from the list (because Wisconsin isn't there either) so you're left with five relatively equal teams. The interesting one to throw in there too would be Mizzou

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Nebraska. I think it’s very possible for Frost to get to 9 to 10 wins by that year and then do it consistently after that.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Voted for Campbell and Frost.

Campbell because I'm a homer, and I truly think the future is pretty bright.

Frost because from what I hear, he's the real deal. Very personable, kids that visit are loving him and want to play for him. That's half the battle. Although 2020 might be a bit too soon for him.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Voted for Campbell and Frost.

Campbell because I'm a homer, and I truly think the future is pretty bright.

Frost because from what I hear, he's the real deal. Very personable, kids that visit are loving him and want to play for him. That's half the battle. Although 2020 might be a bit too soon for him.
2019 schedule for Nebby doesn’t look too bad. Get Wisky, tOSU, and Iowa at home.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'm wondering if the idea wasn't to eliminate the best and worst team from the list (because Wisconsin isn't there either) so you're left with five relatively equal teams. The interesting one to throw in there too would be Mizzou

Can’t be equal with Big Ten East schedules vs Big 12 yearly gauntlet.