Naz with good line in NBA summer league game

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
DhOqONdV4AA9e-R.jpg

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Naz, playing PG in Grayson Allen's absence, finishes the 1st half with a bucket:

href="https://twitter.com/NazzyJML?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@NazzyJML</a> gets crafty to help narrow the halftime deficit for the <a href="https://twitter.com/utahjazz?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@utahjazz</a>! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBASummer?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#NBASummer</a><br><br>: NBA TV <a href="https://t.co/Z2jYSf3PHT">pic.twitter.com/Z2jYSf3PHT</a></p>&mdash; NBA TV (@NBATV) <a href="">July 4, 2018<

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I would have to assume the odds of Naz and Georges both making the Jazz roster is pretty small, but if they do it sure will make it easy to cheer for the Jazz. Full disclosure last time I knew players on the Jazz was the Malone/Stockton yrs.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I would have to assume the odds of Naz and Georges both making the Jazz roster is pretty small, but if they do it sure will make it easy to cheer for the Jazz. Full disclosure last time I knew players on the Jazz was the Malone/Stockton yrs.
Both being on Two-way contracts allow for the Jazz to "stash" both in the G-League even if they are better than the 14-15 players on the NBA roster and keep their rights so I expect both to be there even if they shine in summer league.

The Jazz just signed Neto and Exum to contracts, drafted Grayson Allen to back up Mitchell and Ricky Rubio. I don't have much hope for Naz to make their roster with those current numbers though if he continues to play well Rubio and Neto are on the last year of their deals so he could factor next year.

Niang has a better chance, the Jazz are looking for a SF-PF backup and were linked to Bejica and Parker as an obvious fits. Bejica just signed with the Sixers this morning so depending if they add someone else they could consider just moving Niang up. He has been producing and the coaches seem to like him.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Watch Nikola Jokic play for them. The guy is a wizard, perhaps the best passing center (and he is a center) I've ever seen.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Both being on Two-way contracts allow for the Jazz to "stash" both in the G-League even if they are better than the 14-15 players on the NBA roster and keep their rights so I expect both to be there even if they shine in summer league.

The Jazz just signed Neto and Exum to contracts, drafted Grayson Allen to back up Mitchell and Ricky Rubio. I don't have much hope for Naz to make their roster with those current numbers though if he continues to play well Rubio and Neto are on the last year of their deals so he could factor next year.

Niang has a better chance, the Jazz are looking for a SF-PF backup and were linked to Bejica and Parker as an obvious fits. Bejica just signed with the Sixers this morning so depending if they add someone else they could consider just moving Niang up. He has been producing and the coaches seem to like him.

My bet is on them keeping Georges in a two-way, and letting Naz go (which some other team will then pick him up for D-League or two-way contract).

• Agree
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
My bet is on them keeping Georges in a two-way, and letting Naz go (which some other team will then pick him up for D-League or two-way contract).
Don't forget, Georges is technically a restricted free agent, so another team could tender him an offer and the jazz would then have to decide whether or not to match it. It wouldn't surprise me if that happens and the jazz let him go.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Watch Nikola Jokic play for them. The guy is a wizard, perhaps the best passing center (and he is a center) I've ever seen.

Thankfully the Nuggs didn’t trade Jokic to the Jazz like they did the rights to Mitchell and Gobert :)

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Okay, I don't watch the NBA, but that video of Jokic makes me want to watch that guy. That's pure instinct. Career 15 pts, 9 Rbs, 4.4 ast? Only 23 years old? Sold!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Nuggets or Jazz?

I guess I was thinking of watching Monte when he got called up. It kind of blends together for me checking their scores and stats daily to see who got minutes or stats.

Also I'm just always blown away how someone can watch college hoops and not any NBA, the NBA playoffs specifically are such a higher level of basketball than anything else.