Okie State AD criticizes Mike Gundy's Recruiting

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Not too surprising why it seems Gundy is always "sniffing" around for a different job after every season. Him and that AD don't seem to get along at all:

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I wouldn't mind seeing Gundy chased out of Stillwater

I can say with almost 100 percent certainty that if Gundy isn’t the coach at OSU he still won’t leave Stillwater. He has ownership in some businesses, owns land around OK, and lives on a compound outside of Stilly raising goats. He will take his big buyout and become the ADs antagonist while living the dream on his goat ranch.

This info is coming from someone that knows Gundy personally and talks all the time. He truly just wants to end up raising goats.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I can say with almost 100 percent certainty that if Gundy isn’t the coach at OSU he still won’t leave Stillwater. He has ownership in some businesses, owns land around OK, and lives on a compound outside of Stilly raising goats. He will take his big buyout and become the ADs antagonist while living the dream on his goat ranch.

This info is coming from someone that knows Gundy personally and talks all the time. He truly just wants to end up raising goats.

Doesn’t Boone like him? Doesn’t really matter besides if Boone likes him or not.

• Agree
Reactions: usedcarguy

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
From what I heard on the radio today, the AD and Pickens are close, so when the AD says he doesn't like Gundy's recruiting, he might as well be saying Pickens doesn't like Gundy's recruiting.
Yeah if I recall correctly Boone has made some comments in the past that would suggest he's not the biggest Gundy fan there is.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloneML and NWICY

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

Sounds like something you do when you've had enough of people.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Had OSU lost earlier in the year before Bama did in 2011, they could easily have won the Natty.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

This is why I love Gundy.

If he ever gets run out of Stillwater, and we're in need of a coach, I'd love to see him in Ames. He could recreate the goat ranch just fine up here.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
tenor.gif

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I honesty don't know. From what I can gather Gundy doesn't seem to care who likes him or not. All his posturing with other jobs is just to get him new contracts and bigger buyouts from OSU.

For what he's hauled in the last few years and what a buyout would yield, he effectively has "eff you" money, meaning he can say eff you to whoever he wants.

He's always seemed like a pretty good guy to me, although throwing feelers out for other jobs to prop up the contract would piss me off as a fan. I can see both sides of it, but from his point of view I could see him being perfectly happy as a retired 50 year old goat rancher (and I'll add that the list of thing I never thought I'd say.)