Top Iowa State Basketball Coaches

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
The Iowa State Coaches Quiz
I got 10 of 10 right

Cut down the nets you got a perfect score!

output_bzleaR.gif

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Had an operator error on one. Flipped forward while I was trying to read the stuff below, exact same three coaches so I thought it didn’t take but it was the next question so I got it wrong. When I read the question, I knew it. So my 9/10 should have been 10/10.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
9. Botched COY question.

Same here.

I honestly don't remember Fred sharing that title with Bill Self back in '12. I think he earned it, but I also can't believe that Tim Floyd didn't win it back in '96 with that team that was expected to do very little and then won the very last Big 8 conference tournament (one of my all-time favorite Cyclone basketball teams).

Reactions: Cyclonepride

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Great quiz. It's always an interesting question the OP asks as well.

LE reached the greatest heights but a big crash.
Floyd definitely laid some groundwork for the 2 years of dominance with LE.
Johnny with the longevity and starting a basketball culture that would last decades.
Fred with the most consistent winning every year, but not quite LE heights or Johnny longevity.

I could understand someone saying either Fred or Johnny. With Fred I don't think it's crazy to consider the 4 years he spent as a leader on the floor to partially make up for the fact that it was only 5 years coaching.

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Same here.

I honestly don't remember Fred sharing that title with Bill Self back in '12. I think he earned it, but I also can't believe that Tim Floyd didn't win it back in '96 with that team that was expected to do very little and then won the very last Big 8 conference tournament (one of my all-time favorite Cyclone basketball teams).
ISU hall of fame really stretching to add nominees and inductees the last few years.

Floyd coached here for merely 3 seasons, used ISU as a stepping-stone, and was inducted into ISU's Hall-of-fame? kind of watered-down criteria

• Agree
Reactions: ruflosn

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron