COLUMNS: Five thoughts on Wigginton's return to Iowa State

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Hopefully CW is correct, that LW absorbed the criticisms given him during the process and fully intends to address them. If he can lessen the turnovers and increase the assists, he'll be a top 10 guard nationally. The rest of his game is already there.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
How good the Cyclones are depends mostly on players other than Wigginton, such as Cam Lard's consistency, THT's transition to the college game, and Solomon Young finding his role.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Hopefully CW is correct, that LW absorbed the criticisms given him during the process and fully intends to address them. If he can lessen the turnovers and increase the assists, he'll be a top 10 guard nationally. The rest of his game is already there.

Criticisms or feedback?

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
The big 12 next year will look something like this, in my opinion

Tier 1: Both Kansas schools heavily favored with great rosters

KU is KU is KU. It will be interesting to watch Weber coach with REAL expectations and a loaded roster. I don't have much confidence in him, even though they went to the Elite 8. Mostly because they hardly beat anyone (Kentucky was a good win with a talented roster but half their team was more focused on picking an agent than their college career)

Tier 2: Texas, Iowa State, West Virginia

Texas always get overrated but no one questions their talent, Huggy is the second best coach in the league and until they calls fouls on his style of play they are always a top 1/2 team. Maui will be a great measuring stick for Iowa State. I think this team plays tons of small ball next year (Shayok and Talley at the 4).

Tier 3: Tech, TCU, Baylor, OU and OSU

Tech and TCU lost TONS of production and aren't exactly lighting the world on fire with recruiting. Baylor is always solid but they too lost a ton of production. OU and OSU are taking solid transfers but both loose their best players and shot-makers

• Informative
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You think they're #1?

giphy.gif

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
I'm still not seeing the West Virginia thing. I'm sure they'll be good, but really good? They lose arguably their three best offensive players.
I think West Virginia is more a product of the system rather than the players. Talent-wise they're usually middle of the pack Big XII. The real reason they're good every year is the style.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron