Cashman to Iowa

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
Just saw on the Hawk board that Aaron Cashman is going to Iowa, I thought he was like 99% sure going to ISU....

• Informative
Reactions: Clone83

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Isn't he 125? Don't they already have a pretty good one at that weight?

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Just saw on the Hawk board that Aaron Cashman is going to Iowa, I thought he was like 99% sure going to ISU....
No. Months and months ago he was thought of as a good possibility though. He had a final 3 of (ISU, tOSU, Cornell) - since then ISU and Cornell really backed off (him not being a 125 prospect anymore changed that - also he has regressed over the past couple years). He hasn't been mentioned by the staff for quite some time. The Iowa recruitment has happened over the last 1-2 months. Was done to them and tOSU. He is a good solid pickup for the Hawks but I highly doubt he ever sees their lineup. If he does, it will be for a year maybe for stop gap reasons. He is much better at freestyle and even in that he hasn't been very impressive. He got tech'd in the first round by Joey Melendez (who then got tech'd the next round) - he did fight back to get 4th (got tech'd again by Melendez). I don't think his style fits the Iowa room at all, seems like a weird match. Just my opinion.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
The Cashman interest went real quiet 2-3 months ago. Not sure if the interest in Small, Reeves, Montana & Hawaii kids had anything to do with it. Bigger needs now & I think 141 & 197 are weights we will pursue

• Agree
Reactions: SimpsonCyclone