BIG 10 CONSIDERING GOING BACK TO 8 CONFERENCE GAMES

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
The SEC would never play the gauntlet that the B10 teams face. Both need those 4 cupcakes and the bye week to rest their starters.

isu5000

Sep 14, 2012
It sounds like they want to do what the S$C has been getting away with, to help their College football playoffs chances and to make thier conference look stronger/competitive overall(not). So who are the mighty Hawkeyes gonna select for their fourth non conference game? What FBS Football Juggernaut? Kent State, Bowling Green, or Nevada.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
It sounds like they want to do what the S$C has been getting away with, to help their College football playoffs chances and to make thier conference look stronger/competitive overall(not). So who are the mighty Hawkeyes gonna select for their fourth non conference game? What FBS Football Juggernaut? Kent State, Bowling Green, or Nevada.
Directional Michigan or Directional Illinois.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Well I don't like that idea but I understand the reasoning. SEC does it with a 14 team league....

You can assure the 7 home games and have 8 some seasons. Theoretically increase win totals/bowl births for the league.

All about the $$$'s

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I can see the home and homes with Alabama or Ohio State just waiting to happen.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I see Nebraska's new AD should fit right in with their idiotic fan base:

"We might have some other schedule news here in a week or so in regards to 2022, on," Moos said. "It was something I really became a bulldog on in regards to Nebraska and some of the traditional power programs in the Big Ten not beating each other up so bad."

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/mo...day-games-and-big-ten-scheduling-philosophies

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
A sport that tries actively tries to decrease the number marquis match-ups is a sport that is eating its seed corn. The problematic mentality of "poll-based" national championships asserts itself again -- it is about avoiding mistakes, not actually proving yourself against good teams.

"We are having revenue and prestige problems... let's make Michigan and Ohio State play less."

Last edited:

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I can see the Iowa BIG schedule now...

- Maryland
- Indiana
- Illinois
- Bye Week after the daunting Illini game
- Rutgers
- Indiana
- Purdue
- Nebraska (A fitting end to the season)

This comes after a pre-conference schedule that includes ISU (their toughest game), Northern Illinois, Nevada, Northern Iowa, and Kent State.

Now that is a slate of games that I want to spend my $'s on...

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I can see the Iowa BIG schedule now...

- Maryland
- Indiana
- Illinois
- Bye Week after the daunting Illini game
- Rutgers
- Indiana
- Purdue
- Nebraska (A fitting end to the season)

This comes after a pre-conference schedule that includes ISU (their toughest game), Northern Illinois, Nevada, Northern Iowa, and Kent State.

Now that is a slate of games that I want to spend my $'s on...

People won't spend their money on that.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Big Ten West schedules would consistently be the easiest in college football if they aren't already. They'd travel to Ohio State, Michigan and PSU less than once per decade.