Another article picking at the PAC12 ...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-12-will-they-be-patched-before-its-too-late/

That was before the Pac-12 extended the Power Five's longest national championship drought in football to 14 years. That was before cementing the worst bowl record in the conference's history (1-8).

That was before the entire league got knocked out of the NCAA Tournament prior to the second round for the first time in 32 years. That was before the latest revenue figures cemented the league at No. 5 in Power Five in revenue.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
The PAC is a fun league when you can catch their games.

I was really a fan of PAC football when I lived in the Pacific time zone.

Now I'm not staying up for a Cal vs Oregon St tussle.

Fingers crossed that 2024 is good to the Cardinal and Gold. Who knows how college sports will be sliced up then.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic and isu81

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
perception becomes reality so having the PAC in the media crosshairs now is incredibly helpful to the Big12 and ISU. I would love to see us poach the AZ schools and give a giant middle finger to Larry Scott
I've lived in Phoenix for over 20 years, and the high school football here in AZ is great, but for some reason they can't keep their talent in state. The previous qb at my sons' high school starts at Michigan State and their current qb is ranked number one in the country for 2019 and is going to Oklahoma. I'd love to see ISU get a pipeline from AZ to Ames.

Reactions: harimad

abd4cy

Jul 16, 2010
Phoenix
I live in AZ as well. We are working on the pipeline with Taylor Mouser (Assistant Director of Scouting). I believe he brought 3 kids from AZ this year, or he was at least highly involved. Taylor is from Chandler, AZ.

Reactions: isutrevman

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The PAC is a fun league when you can catch their games.

I was really a fan of PAC football when I lived in the Pacific time zone.

Now I'm not staying up for a Cal vs Oregon St tussle.

Fingers crossed that 2024 is good to the Cardinal and Gold. Who knows how college sports will be sliced up then.
I agree with all of that. It’s always surprising to me watching those later games and seeing so many available seats at stadiums.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I've lived in Phoenix for over 20 years, and the high school football here in AZ is great, but for some reason they can't keep their talent in state. The previous qb at my sons' high school starts at Michigan State and their current qb is ranked number one in the country for 2019 and is going to Oklahoma. I'd love to see ISU get a pipeline from AZ to Ames.

The lewerke kid’s family is from the town I live in. Figured an Iowa school would have a shot on him.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyclone69

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
I would say that if Big 12 would look west to Arizona, Arizona State, or even Colorado- West Virginia would bounce- it would be way too far to travel cross country for all conference events with the west schools- I think that the struggle a bit as of now with the travel to the Texas schools.

• Disagree
Reactions: 3GenClone

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I would say that if Big 12 would look west to Arizona, Arizona State, or even Colorado- West Virginia would bounce- it would be way too far to travel cross country for all conference events with the west schools- I think that the struggle a bit as of now with the travel to the Texas schools.

Where would WV bounce? They already have to fly everywhere anyways. Why do you think this would be that big of a deal to them? I would like to say that I think all of this westward expansion is a pipe dream and therefore the argument is completely pointless, but if it were to happen I don't see WV leaving because of that at all. If they were concerned about travel expenses they never would have joined the Big XII. They are on an island and have to travel a long distance regardless of who they play.

• Agree
Reactions: helechopper

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I live in AZ as well. We are working on the pipeline with Taylor Mouser (Assistant Director of Scouting). I believe he brought 3 kids from AZ this year, or he was at least highly involved. Taylor is from Chandler, AZ.
K Brayden Narveson, OT Joey Ramos and QB Brock Purdy are the AZ guys if memory serves. For 2019, already have a commitment from Purdys WR teammate D'Shayne James and are hard after ATH Dez Melton, who visited in April.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Where would WV bounce? They already have to fly everywhere anyways. Why do you think this would be that big of a deal to them? I would like to say that I think all of this westward expansion is a pipe dream and therefore the argument is completely pointless, but if it were to happen I don't see WV leaving because of that at all. If they were concerned about travel expenses they never would have joined the Big XII. They are on an island and have to travel a long distance regardless of who they play.
Idk- maybe ACC? I also think this westward movement will never happen too, but you never know....

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
  • Informative
Reactions: cyclones500

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Really, there are 2 conferences that are heavyweights - the SEC and Big 10. Everybody else is vulnerable. Bowlsby needs to be putting the Big 12 in a position where we can snap up the valuable schools when realignment happens again. If he's not, he's not doing his job.

I would only expand for the two AZ schools.

I wouldn't. I'd try to get Arizona, and then another valuable school, preferably either UCLA or USC. Two schools in the same state don't help.

Also, that the Pac-12 network is only paying out 2.5 million... man that's brutal. That's like barely more than Cyclones.TV and the Mountain West.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Really, there are 2 conferences that are heavyweights - the SEC and Big 10. Everybody else is vulnerable. Bowlsby needs to be putting the Big 12 in a position where we can snap up the valuable schools when realignment happens again. If he's not, he's not doing his job.

I wouldn't. I'd try to get Arizona, and then another valuable school, preferably either UCLA or USC. Two schools in the same state don't help.

Also, that the Pac-12 network is only paying out 2.5 million... man that's brutal. That's like barely more than Cyclones.TV and the Mountain West.

LA is large enough to add both in the same state. I would happily add them both.