Carton eliminates the Cyclones

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Got in too late. Hopefully Prohm can land Tandy or Kira Lewis. If he can't, it's fair to question why he waited so long to offer.

Gotta get Tandy, Lewis or McKinney. As of now I'd say Tandy is most likely. Lewis has absolutely blown up and McKinney with his family ties is a heavy Mizzou lean.

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Kid was NEVER coming to Iowa State. Was a little frustrated we even offered and wasted any resources on him.

This ^
I trust Prohm will get a high level PG in 2019 to eventually take over for Lindell. ISU has been prioritizing a number of them over Carlton during the school year. I also suspect there will be some other names that we become aware of during the summer AAU circuit.
Carton realized that too thus decided not waste either parties time.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
This ^
I trust Prohm will get a high level PG in 2019 to eventually take over for Lindell. ISU has been prioritizing a number of them over Carlton during the school year. I also suspect there will be some other names that we become aware of during the summer AAU circuit.
Carton realized that too thus decided not waste either parties time.

Good news, Prohm has already locked a high level PG recruit to take over for Lindell. His name is Tyrese Haliburton. Kid is a stud, you should check out his highlights. 6'5" PG's with 7' wing spans are fun to watch

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Good news, Prohm has already locked a high level PG recruit to take over for Lindell. His name is Tyrese Haliburton. Kid is a stud, you should check out his highlights. 6'5" PG's with 7' wing spans are fun to watch

The coaches will know a lot more about TH in the next few months. I tend to think they will look for a small quick, scoring PG to balance Haliburton. Tyrese at 6’6” can play multiple positions if need be so no reason not to keep looking for a high level PG in the 2019 class.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
The coaches will know a lot more about TH in the next few months. I tend to think they will look for a small quick, scoring PG to balance Haliburton. Tyrese at 6’6” can play multiple positions if need be so no reason not to keep looking for a high level PG in the 2019 class.

Didnt they already do this with the transfer from CSU sit 1 play 1 Prentiss Nixon

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Does he really have a 7’ wingspan? I definitely could see it but I couldn’t find anything from a quick google so I’m just wondering where you got that from.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Does he really have a 7’ wingspan? I definitely could see it but I couldn’t find anything from a quick google so I’m just wondering where you got that from.

You know I could be a real **** and post a "let me google that for you link" but I won't.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...t-tyrese-haliburton-needs-put-work/679848001/

Taken from the article -

Talent evaluators who have watched him play love his handles, passing ability and smooth jump shot. Eric Bossi, a national recruiting analyst for Rivals, wrote that Haliburton reminded him of a young Michael Carter-Williams, yet another NBA point guard.

“He’s a long and fluid lead guard who is smooth off of the dribble and has a nice feel for the game,” Bossi wrote after watching Haliburton play during July’s third live period. “(He) needs a lot of strength, but he looks like a very good long term prospect.”

“Iowa State’s getting a long point guard — actually a combo guard — who’s fine with putting up 30 points one game and getting three points and 15 assists in another,” said Brad Weber, Haliburton’s high school coach. “He’s got elite passing skills.”

Once in Ames, Haliburton already has a list of things to work on. The first one: muscle. He can absolutely pack on some pounds once he’s in Iowa State’s strength training program, something he already believes will improve his game immensely.

Another: his defense. Haliburton has a seven-foot wingspan, which can translate to some sound defense. He told Bossi on Monday that aspect of his game is an emphasis moving forward because he’ll need it in the Big 12.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
If you’re following recruiting you’ll see that they’re certainly going after PG’s in this class.

Nixon is more of a CG so he can play with another PG.

I don't mean to be a ****, but I am def being a **** and this is why so many prob ignore me. But it is their fault not mine.

Quick question with Tyrese Haliburton, Talen Horton Tucker and Zion Griffin where does a midget guard like Prentiss Nixon play if not PG? Kinda hard to be a 6'1" Combo with those 3 on the team and maybe Lindell as well we dont know. Just saying

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Got in too late. Hopefully Prohm can land Tandy or Kira Lewis. If he can't, it's fair to question why he waited so long to offer.
baffling why these Iowa kids want to play for the precious Hawkeyes and Mad Fran, over ISU. Crappy crowds in IC. Crazy coach. Season typically takes a left turn down there.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Gotta get Tandy, Lewis or McKinney. As of now I'd say Tandy is most likely. Lewis has absolutely blown up and McKinney with his family ties is a heavy Mizzou lean.

Recruiting Tyrel terry also who is starting to blow up. I think that kid is a real possibility

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
baffling why these Iowa kids want to play for the precious Hawkeyes and Mad Fran, over ISU. Crappy crowds in IC. Crazy coach. Season typically takes a left turn down there.

A chance to rebuild their parents/grandparents favorite schools BB team. Lots of people still can remember Lute, Raveling and Dr. Tom.

IMO ISU is a generation away from dominating on those type of kids/alumni, ISU has a tough go of it east of Hwy 65, we've gained a lot in the DM Metro and in most of the rest of the state. The SE corner of Ia. and really most of eastern Ia is kind of a tough place for ISU and it's fans. I think it's getting better than it was though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron