My Pledge—No More Trolling

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Oh, my bad. I thought we were in the thread started by Yeahbuddy stating he will troll no more. Not the thread that CyTwins never started saying he wont go double barreled after every troll on this board.

Easy mistake. Could happen to anyone really.

How am I trolling in this thread?

Saying he is trolling for using the coaches poll instead of the media poll when he swears by the AP poll for other rankings is not trolling? Its proving that @CyTwins is a moron.

Reactions: breck53

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I don’t think you really understand what’s going on here. QBR is an advanced formula that has a bunch of inputs that no one outside of ESPN knows how to calculate (I could be wrong, but I don’t think they have posted a formula). Adjusted completion percentage simply does not count dropped passes, throwaways, batted balls, etc. against the QB as an incomplete pass. Using objective reasoning, which stat do you think is more useful for measuring a QB’s performance?

Dropped passes and throwaways are subjective statistics.

ALL advanced stats are subject to subjectivity, or “secret” formulas.

Kenpom, Sagarin, etc are all trusted* formulas that I’m pretty sure have undisclosed formulas, do you discount those too? Or is your distrust purely subject to their findings?

Look, it’s silly to argue someone is better when the metrics say otherwise with such a margin.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Saying he is trolling for using the coaches poll instead of the media poll when he swears by the AP poll for other rankings is not trolling? Its proving that @CyTwins is a moron.

If you are not trolling than you are just stupid.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Typing "coaches" instead of "media" is getting wrecked? Thats not true.
I love that I get to use Fran's approach "Body of work". As Fran's efforts at Iowa Basketball, your effort here on CF is pure comedy.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Dropped passes and throwaways are subjective statistics.

ALL advanced stats are subject to subjectivity, or “secret” formulas.

Kenpom, Sagarin, etc are all trusted* formulas that I’m pretty sure have undisclosed formulas, do you discount those too? Or is your distrust purely subject to their findings?

Look, it’s silly to argue someone is better when the metrics say otherwise with such a margin.

Ok, so Garza is better than Lard...right?

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/luka-garza-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/cameron-lard-1.html

Garza has a higher PER, more win shares, much higher higher O rtg and better BPM.

Lard has a better D rtg.

Reactions: breck53

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Ok, so Garza is better than Lard...right?

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/luka-garza-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/cameron-lard-1.html

Garza has a higher PER, more win shares, much higher higher O rtg and better BPM.

Lard has a better D rtg.

Offensively, yes. I doubt that is something anyone that is anywhere near objective would argue that Garza has more polish around the rim.

Defensively, Lard as you say.

Overall? Subjective. I know which one I’d rather have on my team. You?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

The AP is a national poll not Randy and Chad voting for all conference picks. Derp

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Offensively, yes. I doubt that is something anyone that is anywhere near objective would argue that Garza has more polish around the rim.

Defensively, Lard as you say.

Overall? Subjective. I know which one I’d rather have on my team. You?

Nope, overall is Garza. Gotta use the advanced metrics and most of them favor Garza. Lets be consistent on what we use to determine who is better.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Remind me again how many games each QB played in?

I haven't looked, but I'd assume their per game stats are pretty similar.

Thanks for pointing that out. Lard played about 5 MPG more than Garza so their per 40 minutes numbers are similar with Garza averaging about 3.5 more PPG. Lard had a sliver of an edge in rebounds per 40 minutes.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron