RECRUITING: Prentiss Nixon and Matt Mooney updates (4/12/18)

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
I'm told Iowa State will officially be going in to see Colorado State transfer Prentiss Nixon on Friday. As I reported earlier in the week, the staff had been in the process of deciding how to move forward here and they decided to go forward with an in-home visit on Friday.

Also, someone will be going in to see South Dakota grad transfer Matt Mooney. This will be the second Friday in a row someone is going to see him so will be interesting to hear what comes out of that.

I'll see what I can do to update you tomorrow night.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Only one open scholarship. Jakolby Long was an obvious call to transfer, but I hope we have no other openings after this one. So sort of this situation...

choose-wisely.jpg

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Only one open scholarship. Jakolby Long was an obvious call to transfer, but I hope we have no other openings after this one. So sort of this situation...

choose-wisely.jpg

Well, I would hope that the staff would be out recruiting more players than we have openings.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I'm told Iowa State will officially be going in to see Colorado State transfer Prentiss Nixon on Friday.....
Also, someone will be going in to see South Dakota grad transfer Matt Mooney....

Any news on whether the staff will be reaching out to Teague?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Well, I would hope that the staff would be out recruiting more players than we have openings.

Sure, but they have to be careful with that one slot. Never know what you could get from a late high schooler or a mid-year transfer next year, too.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Getting either would be impressive due to the competition for both. One would have to give us pretty slim odds but we sure don't know what either of them are thinking.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I'm told Iowa State will officially be going in to see Colorado State transfer Prentiss Nixon on Friday. As I reported earlier in the week, the staff had been in the process of deciding how to move forward here and they decided to go forward with an in-home visit on Friday.

Also, someone will be going in to see South Dakota grad transfer Matt Mooney. This will be the second Friday in a row someone is going to see him so will be interesting to hear what comes out of that.

Glad to see we're not giving up on Mooney yet. Even tho it appeared he had mentioned several teams he was considering and we weren't one of them. Guessing we will know after today if that ship has sailed or not.

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
I don't know what Loyola's enrollment is like or what kind of money they can bring in would be, but I would think they'd be a prime candidate to get an offer to move up into the AAC or the Big East a la Creighton and Wichita State. I would think they'd need to keep being successful for a half decade or so. But, good, sustained basketball and widening the conference net out to Chicago would have to be enticing.

• Disagree
Reactions: NoCreativity

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I don't know what Loyola's enrollment is like or what kind of money they can bring in would be, but I would think they'd be a prime candidate to get an offer to move up into the AAC or the Big East a la Creighton and Wichita State. I would think they'd need to keep being successful for a half decade or so. But, good, sustained basketball and widening the conference net out to Chicago would have to be enticing.
You think the Big East wants two schools 5 miles apart? No

If anyone would get a look, St Louis would be a good option. Ford underachieved big time at OSU but a school like that, he could do pretty well.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Loyola Chicago - 16,437
UNI - 11,928

AAC:
UCF - 66,183
USF - 49,591
Houston - 43, 774
Cinci - 43,691
Temple - 39,581
UConn - 32,027
ECU - 28,962
Memphis - 20,585
WSU - 15,081
Tulane - 13,602
SMU - 11,739
Tulsa - 4,682

• Informative
Reactions: KKramer

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Assuming that's his priority. He may want to play 33 minutes a game and still be on a winner.

Yup. Conference affiliation aside, Loyola is probably a preseason top 25 team next year especially if they land somebody like this kid to step into Richardson's role. I suppose if he wants to be on tv more the Valley isn't the place for him. But if he's looking to win a lot his senior year, Loyola would be a good bet and they might even be good enough that they don't have to worry about the Valley being a one bid league if they get upset in the conference tourney.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron