Zion Griffin Recent Dunk Highlights

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Nice. Kid is gonna be a good one. I still think THT is the crown jewel of the '18 class just because of his versatility but Griffin might be a key contributor next year as well. Big 12 ready body.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Did you watch Hogue play? He shot 43% his senior year. The guy was a nightmare.

Yeah, thanks for looking up the exact percentage. I don't think anyone was going to confuse him with Steph Curry but as I recall he had a decent stroke as a spot up shooter. My memory of that season is foggy but IIRC he was very competent from the corners.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Yeah, the potential is certainly there for them to be hell on wheels in transition. How would you like to be the back defender in a 3 on 2 with LW, Griffin, and Lard coming at you?

@VeloClone I am optimistic about the next couple years. It's been a long time since ISU basketball has had a group of explosive athletes like the ones coming up.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
He had great shot-selection.
Career True Shooting % and effective FG% above 62%. 39% on 3P. Only a 27% 3P attempt rate, but dunks are good shots too.

I’m sure most are optimistic Zion will eventually have more volume, but Hogue could have had he not played with guys like Kane, Ejim, Georges, Nader, BDJ etc (see UConn game).

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
Yea, I was referring to Zion's mechanics. There was a reason Self offered him and it wasn't just because he has great athleticism. I hope he can knock down open threes on par with what Dustin did his senior year.