Iowa State has waved the white flag, we've conceded.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Lunardi just updated his bracketology for the past weekend...

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

8/10 Big 12 teams in the dance.

#1 Kansas
#3 Texas Tech
#5 West Virginia
#6 Oklahoma
#9 TCU
#11 Kansas State
PIG #11 Baylor
PIG #12 Texas

...OSU and ISU out.

That hurts. Just a few more close games go our way and we do not "miss a layup" again UW-M, then we are easily on that final line instead of Baylor or Texas.

Kansas at a #1 will just end up embarrassing us and ruining all the "Big 12 is so strong" media narrative.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
It will still be a bit rough at the beginning of the year next year. I would tap the breaks a bit.

Agree... mostly because the point guard position still seems uncertain for me, regardless of whether its Babb, Wiggi, another, and despite what millions of things people say on this board about it.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012

#1 Kansas
#3 Texas Tech
#5 West Virginia
#6 Oklahoma
#9 TCU
#11 Kansas State
PIG #11 Baylor
PIG #12 Texas

...OSU and ISU out.

That hurts. Just a few more close games go our way and we do not "miss a layup" again UW-M, then we are easily on that final line instead of Baylor or Texas.

I'll probably get shot down for this, but how is OU a lock for the big dance? I mean, they are trending in the wrong direction. Last 4 conference games are at KU and at Baylor, KState, and us. If they go 1-3, they would finish conference at 7-11 and 17-13 at that time.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I'll probably get shot down for this, but how is OU a lock for the big dance? I mean, they are trending in the wrong direction. Last 4 conference games are at KU and at Baylor, KState, and us. If they go 1-3, they would finish conference at 7-11 and 17-13 at that time.

Two words that are nothing like Yrae Toung.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Giving injuries time to heal is now conceding and waving the white flag? I bet you’d intentionally foul with 0.2 seconds left, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCloned

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Kansas at a #1 will just end up embarrassing us and ruining all the "Big 12 is so strong" media narrative.

The BIg XII doesn't have any great teams. They are all just pretty good. If you were ranking by this season's work only Tx Tech has the better resume but not the KU $$$, oops I mean history.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

If they end up there, there will definitely be talk. In addition to their record, that would mean they ended the regular season going 3 and 11.

I don't really have anything against Oklahoma, but the Trae Young hype train makes me rooting for them to fail. If for no other reason than I don't want my March Madness to have a stupid ass Trae Young stat tracker on it.

It'll be interesting to see how the selection committee handles things this year. OU has built up a lot of good-will beating #3 Wichita State, #10 TCU, #8 Texas Tech, and #5 Kansas. However, TCU and Wichita State were probably over-ranked at the time.

Young is gonna sway voters over another team with a similar record, and I think they could be a dangerous team in the tournament, but the rest of the teams in the Big 12 had put a good instruction manual together showing how to beat Oklahoma.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I didn't expect too much this year so I really can't say I'm disappointed. I think we will be better next year but not sure if we finish in the top half of the conference. I'm thinking 18-20 wins in the regular season.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

You have to have someone replace them. There just aren't that many good teams. Much like a lot of posters on here had Iowa State on the bubble the last couple of years and we ended up with 4 and 5 seeds.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Just being brutally honest. I am supportive, but the bold, hard possibilities are hard to hide from. I look at it this way, at least now I can relax and watch upsets during March Madness and not have to worry about Iowa State losing. On to next season, we will be good!!!

Garbage thread title. Nice work there.
I never worry about ISU losing in March Madness, anyway. Everyone but one loses, so you just have fun with the trip while it lasts.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Garbage thread title. Nice work there.
I never worry about ISU losing in March Madness, anyway. Everyone but one loses, so you just have fun with the trip while it lasts.

Agree. I hate that how far the team advances in the tournament is how I usually remember the season even though I know full well that it's the worst way to measure the success of an entire season - a single elimination tournament on a neutral court. It's really easy to overlook everything that happened from November up to March.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby

#1 Kansas
#3 Texas Tech
#5 West Virginia
#6 Oklahoma
#9 TCU
#11 Kansas State
PIG #11 Baylor
PIG #12 Texas

...OSU and ISU out.

ISU will run the table in Kansas City and screw Texas or Baylor. One can hope.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
ISU will run the table in Kansas City and screw Texas or Baylor. One can hope.

Love where your head is at. But they haven't won consecutive games since before Christmas. Winning four in four days seems like just a bit too much to ask.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Agree. I hate that how far the team advances in the tournament is how I usually remember the season even though I know full well that it's the worst way to measure the success of an entire season - a single elimination tournament on a neutral court. It's really easy to overlook everything that happened from November up to March.

Yeah. Once the tournament begins, you just have to enjoy it and know that the tournament happens, and it happens to everyone.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Or we can look at it like the last tournament we were in started a 9 game winning streak(which providing another 9 game streak would put us in the final 4 of the NCAA)

If we were in the Final Four and lost, can we do what people have done about coaches that don't win it all and start a bunch of threads titled "Why can't Prohm finish the job?"

Also, I have dibs on that title. The rest of you need to make up your own.