***OFFICIAL 2018 IOWA HAWKEYES BASEBALL THREAD***

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
We ate at Jethros before the OU game. The pulled pork was wonderful, but I can't compare it to Hickory Park as I've never eaten there.

Sounds like there will be a gathering for Iowa wrestling fans at Jethros prior to the dual on Sunday. Wear black and gold and you get a free drink ticket. Mark Perry and other former wrestlers are expected to be there.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
Sounds like there will be a gathering for Iowa wrestling fans at Jethros prior to the dual on Sunday. Wear black and gold and you get a free drink ticket. Mark Perry and other former wrestlers are expected to be there.
Cool, I have an old Steelers hat and I might be in the area that day. Do you think they'll have a limited menu?

• Useful
Reactions: leeland82

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Kind of bummed that the Royals couldn't keep their top outfielder and are losing some power from the heart of the lineup but still excited for the season.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'll use this thread to post an unpopular opinion.

I'm just fine that ISU doesn't have baseball. It would have been a waste of money to keep it and it would be even more of a waste to try and jump start the program again now. Adding in the Title IX requirements and you'd have to spend just as much on a women's sport as well.

So everyone who says, "BRING BACK BASEBALL" whenever the ISU AD talks about spending money are fooling themselves.

This is from someone who genuinely enjoys baseball and umpires baseball and softball. It's just not a practical sport for ISU to spend their limited funds on.

With that said...

did-someone-say-spiderman-thread-19280376.png

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Does anyone know what the weather is supposed to do this weekend? I wouldn't mind the piles next to my driveway to melt away for good

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
In college freshman year there was an Asian who would take poops but instead of wiping normally he would do a 180 rotationand squat like a catcher and wipe his ass that way and people could see him wiping his butt because there was like a foot and a half gap between the floor and the bottom of the door.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Since we're starting threads where ISU doesn't compete, can this be also the Official Iowa Hawkeye STD thread? ISU doesn't compete with Iowa there as well.

• Funny
Reactions: ISC

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron