SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
GETTIN' WIGGI' WIT' IT
upload_2018-2-9_10-18-4.png

THOU WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED

upload_2018-2-9_10-18-24.png

-- Wigginton has been plagued by inconsistency, but he is an above-average starter as a true freshman in the best conference in the country, which is a great accomplishment
-- I think Wiggi misses NWB more than anybody... Wiggi is more of a SG than a PG right now
-- McNeill has a PER of 6.6, which is bad... about 15 is average, mid-20s is an all-conference player, 6.6 is less than Jeff Beverly in the Big 12, for some comparison
-- McNeill is shooting less than 30% from 3PT, and Wiggi is at 37%
-- the A:T ratios are both pretty bad, but at least Wiggi's is greater than 1
-- both are minus defenders right now, but at least Wigginton is a reliable scorer
-- Wiggi has scored over 20 against some really serious competition...

upload_2018-2-9_10-22-59.png

-- you know who likes picking on low-majors...

upload_2018-2-9_10-23-21.png

McNeill is a bad starter on a team that is actually much worse than Iowa State. Wigginton is not that consistent yet, but he has played at a really high level against some great teams.

I doubt McNeill would be ahead of, say, Talley in the rotation, and maybe not even Long.

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-9_10-18-3.png
    upload_2018-2-9_10-18-3.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Informative
Reactions: cyhiphopp

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
Cal is 8-17 (2-10, congrats on having decent numbers on one of the worst P5 teams.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Cal is worse than all of them. The Pac 12 sucks as well.

Nobody in the Big Ten is worse than the average D-1 team...

upload_2018-2-9_10-42-45.png

California is almost 7 points worse than Rutgers on a neutral floor...

upload_2018-2-9_10-43-40.png

That is bad.

The same analysis would put us as 10 points better than California.

• Informative
Reactions: NATEizKING

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Pretty sure it coincides with when he gets a national TV spot. People then realize, oh hey, we had that guy, and feel the need to bring it up again in here. I'd be surprised if there isn't at least 4 more in his college career haha

I know it is unfair to judge a kid thrown into a starting role on a bad team way too early, maybe playing out of position at PG compared to SG, but nothing from what I have seen above said this kid is really a P6 player, or at least at this point.

It would be like us starting Lewis -- only worse.

• Disagree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I know it is unfair to judge a kid thrown into a starting role on a bad team way too early, maybe playing out of position at PG compared to SG, but nothing from what I have seen above said this kid is really a P6 player, or at least at this point.

It would be like us starting Lewis -- only worse.
Idk, he's got the ability to score, that is for sure. The rest of his game he certainly is not up to P5 level yet. But I agree with your point, he would not be a huge addition to this team this year and the fact that we have to bring it up every time he plays on national TV is a tad annoying haha

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
While we’re at it, let’s imagine what it’d be like if Lindell chose Oregon. CFers might be drinking Drano.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
While we’re at it, let’s imagine what it’d be like if Lindell chose Oregon. CFers might be drinking Drano.

Yeah. What little we have comes down to a nail-bitter for Wigginton and finding Lard hiding under a rock in Louisiana where nobody else wanted him, or was willing to take the academic risk with him, and then somehow sticking it out with him, bringing him to Ames, and getting him to survive that half-year and be eligible and mostly focused this year.

Think if we had neither of them.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I guess you never know how a player will perform in a different situation, but it cannot be overstated how horrible Cal is in an absolutely awful Pac12. They were consistently getting curb stomped by low and mid majors. There's some potential there but that is one terribly inefficient player. I caught the SMC Cal game a while back, not knowing much about them and I had forgotten about DM. I couldn't believe how awful they were, and it was probably one of their better non con performances. I think they lost by 12, but it was never in question.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Stupid thread. No way we have the 2018 recruiting class in THT, Griffin, Haliburton, and Conditt if we still had McNeil. One or more of those guys wouldn't have committed. McNeil didn't truly want to be here so we don't want him here.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Just think where we’d be if Michigan had matched our offer to Johnny Orr! This game is so stupid.

Really??? We are talking this year buddy, which has a little more relevance to our season and next season. I usually don't play the what if games. I said it crossed my mind, as there were many analysts predicting him to Oregon.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
He’d be nice to have, particularly next year. Wright even more so.

On that note, I’m guessing we’ll add another guard that can handle the ball this spring.