Ian Parker beats 2x National Champ

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
As was mentioned in the dual thread, Parker was able to get him in a position that takes advantage of the new exposure rule. Heil had to give it up, or he could have been in even more trouble. Last year...Heil gets a stalemate out of that same move, and likely wins 2-1 (he had RT advantage at the time). Not happening this year.

Heil went 2 years without a loss. Up to 4 losses (Meredith, Jack, Eierman, Parker) this year. Unless he figures out a way to score, he may not see the podium this year.

• Agree
Reactions: bthomps01

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Beating a 3x National qualifier and following it up with a win over a 2x national champ is a helluva weekend for anybody, let alone a freshman bumping up a weight for the first time.

Absolutely. This might not be the popular thought, but I almost think Parker’s win over Longo is the more impressive at this point. Very short notice to move up on that one, plus something is clearly wrong with Heil.

• Agree
Reactions: Judoka

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Absolutely. This might not be the popular thought, but I almost think Parker’s win over Longo is the more impressive at this point. Very short notice to move up on that one, plus something is clearly wrong with Heil.
I agree, that Heil is not himself. But, other than Parker he has not lost to anyone outside of the top 5. So, he's taken some losses but only to guys at the very top.

cywr89

May 14, 2009
You do realize Longo just lost to pohlmeyer from SDSU 7-0. Longo is not very good right now. Outstanding match against Heil.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
You do realize Longo just lost to pohlmeyer from SDSU 7-0. Longo is not very good right now. Outstanding match against Heil.

Yeah...I knew it would be a discussion. While Heil’s other losses are to top guys, he got absolutely trucked by Eierman, and after his match with Parker, he looked like a mentally broken man.

Taking nothing away from Parker at all. Both are very, very solid wins for him. I really like the way he wrestles.

• Winner
Reactions: Judoka

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
I think a lot of us had Storr pegged as the future face of ISU wrestling, just with the redshirt year he had, along with his personality, but even before he left you could kind of feel it shifting to Parker, and now he definitely fits the bill.

Does all the right things, says all the right things, coaches rave about him, and most importantly, he gets results. Still only a freshman. Expectations should be high for him, and I’m excited to see what he can do from here.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Pohlmeyer has improved a lot since last year. He's something like 15-7 and almost all losses have been to ranked wrestlers.

Help Support Us

Become a patron