All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I honestly don't know how Iowa replaces Wadley's production. Next year Iowa's offense is going to be even worse than it was this year.

It'll be tough, I like Young and IKM, but I think Kyshaun Bryan is going to be the big surprise and end up being our next really good back.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It'll be tough, I like Young and IKM, but I think Kyshaun Bryan is going to be the big surprise and end up being our next really good back.

I actually think Iowa is better off without Wadley being the primary ball carrier but it's what he was able to do so many times when he got the ball in space that Iowa will have a hard time replacing. How many times this year did he take what should have been a 5-10 yard reception and turn in it into a TD? I'm sure you guys have some decent talent at RB (you always do) but Wadley's production is going to be missed next year.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
How many times this year did he take what should have been a 5-10 yard reception and turn in it into a TD?

Since he had 3 receiving TD's all year I am going to say twice.

4th quarters against ISU and PSU. The other was a 2 yard TD catch against Illinois.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Should be interesting to see how each team does next year with what's coming back. I think both return some key players but i'd say Iowa loses a bit more.

Iowa loses Welsh, Wadley, Butler and Vandeburg on offense and Bazata, Jewell, Niemann, Bower and Taylor on defense for sure.

We are awaiting NFL decisions from Jackson and Daniels. I think they both go pro.

Who does ISU lose?

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

Knight78

Dec 11, 2013
According to the two-deeps set before the Liberty Bowl, Iowa State loses Lazard, Ryen, Murdock, Campos, Garcia, Larson, and Kempt on offense. That's a lot of receiving corps and offensive line to replace. On devense, they lose Waggoner, Trent, Edwards, Lanning, Alexander Wilkerson, and Cotton-Moya. Also they lose their punter, Downing, and their place kicker Owens. Not sure how all these players can be replaced.

Oh, and for those who say Kempt is a better QB.... do you think who he threw it to affected his completion percent? ISU's receiving corps isn't the best in the Big 12, but Iowa's receiving corps is one of the worst in the Big 10.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Iowa loses Welsh, Wadley, Butler and Vandeburg on offense and Bazata, Jewell, Niemann, Bower and Taylor on defense for sure.

We are awaiting NFL decisions from Jackson and Daniels. I think they both go pro.

Who does ISU lose?
ISU will lose Lazard, Campos, Garcia, Ryen and Murdock on offense. Loses Trent, Waggoner, Lanning, KCM, Edwards & Wilkerson on defense.

Still waiting to find out on Kempt & Peavy. My guess is Kempt's 6th year is denied and Peavy returns.

• Informative
Reactions: YeahBuddy

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
According to the two-deeps set before the Liberty Bowl, Iowa State loses Lazard, Ryen, Murdock, Campos, Garcia, Larson, and Kempt on offense. That's a lot of receiving corps and offensive line to replace. On devense, they lose Waggoner, Trent, Edwards, Lanning, Alexander Wilkerson, and Cotton-Moya. Also they lose their punter, Downing, and their place kicker Owens. Not sure how all these players can be replaced.

Oh, and for those who say Kempt is a better QB.... do you think who he threw it to affected his completion percent? ISU's receiving corps isn't the best in the Big 12, but Iowa's receiving corps is one of the worst in the Big 10.

I don't know that it's really all that fair to say losing second stringers is a big loss. Larson hardly played any meaningful snaps. Trent was a starter early on but was second string when they switched to a 3 man front and eventually beaten out for that spot. Alexander only came in on long passing downs. The real losses are Lazard, Campos, Ryen, Waggoner, Lanning, KCM. Seems pretty comparable to Iowa's losses. ISU had some good players sitting out (Leo, Nwangwu, Lang, Udeogu, Tongamoa and a bunch of FR OLs and DLs). They're not going to take a step back team-wise.

As for QB, I'm not going to say Kempt was better. I actually don't have an issue with the OPs list, although you have to find a way to put Lanning on there.

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

This is millers site level stuff here. Absolutely clueless

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016