All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
What's funny about this @Hawkmi1987 ? Clearly we were the much better team at the end of the year. We beat the only team that challenged UCF this year, and beat a college football playoff team. You were the same mediocre team you always are. You won your Superbowl before we figured some things out defensively and you bet OSU when they thought they could just throw their jocks out on the field and win. But you lost to teams like Puredon't and purple cats. I think it's fair to say their is more talent and better coaching in Ames right now.

I think the fact that you wouldn't include Welsh on the OL renders pretty much everything else you say as BS. But you knew that.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Seems like a good place to recognize what a special year Lanning had. Didn't play a defensive snap since 8th grade, yet managed 114 tackles, 11 TFL, and 6 sacks. Truly incredible.

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014 and GTO

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Really, really, really bad. Like laughably bad.

I'm an Iowa fan, but I would choose Lanning over Niemann.
I think in the positions they play, I'd put Spears or Harvey there. Both were better in coverage than Joel. Both run pretty darn well.

That being said, it'd be tough to not have Lanning on the field somewhere.

• Disagree
Reactions: isu2014

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Anyone else see that Coach Kilmer was on the "other notables for NFL coaches" on ESPN. Must have a contract stipulation that any mention of an NFL coaching position and his name is mentioned that he gets some kind of an additional bonus.

Good to hear from our ol' nemesis @YeahBuddy! You can go back into hibernation now until spring football starts.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Link?

Same record with a tougher schedule, and Iowa with the scoreboard on the road. No brainier, Iowa was better. ISU was close though.
Should be interesting to see how each team does next year with what's coming back. I think both return some key players but i'd say Iowa loses a bit more.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Anyone else see that Coach Kilmer was on the "other notables for NFL coaches" on ESPN. Must have a contract stipulation that any mention of an NFL coaching position and his name is mentioned that he gets some kind of an additional bonus.

Good to hear from our ol' nemesis @YeahBuddy! You can go back into hibernation now until spring football starts.

What??

Redonkulous.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Did you miss me?

Needed a break from you fools so I waited until Iowa won their bowl game,was really hoping for a Memphis win so I could come back before the new year but I figured back to back losses at Hilton gave me the confidence to not come in here and get rolled.

FIFY

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and MeowingCows