Iowa State vs Iowa Predictions

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ClonesTwentyOne

Feb 10, 2014
DSM Area
Well this game scares the crap out of me. Iowa's RPI is 244. The are better than their RPI says..... I think

73-66 Iowa State for the win.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
68-67 Hoks. They are going to be hungry and we fall short of a patented Hilton Magic comeback after being down by 12 in the first half and 15 early in the 2nd. The Super Bowl is a ***** when only one team knows they are playing in it.

ClonesTwentyOne

Feb 10, 2014
DSM Area
68-67 Hoks. They are going to be hungry and we fall short of a patented Hilton Magic comeback after being down by 12 in the first half and 15 early in the 2nd. The Super Bowl is a ***** when only one team knows they are playing in it.
Can JorBo stop wiggy? I really doubt it. Wiggy should be able to get to the basket at will.

• Winner
Reactions: dahliaclone

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Can JorBo stop wiggy? I really doubt it. Wiggy should be able to get to the basket at will.
JB won't need to stop Wiggs. Iowa has length. Wiggs game is dribble drive. I expect Iowa to use their length to their advantage and pack it in similar to Virginia's pack line defense or go zone. This will force ISU to make outside shots or try score with a post player, which is not our strength.

The key to this game will be rebounding. Can we prevent them from using their advantage in the front line and keep them off the offensive glass and grab defensive rebounds to key our transition game? If not and we are stuck trying to score in the half court game this will get dicey.

We have the clear advantage with the backcourt. If we can grab defensive rebounds and can run then it's over. But if Iowa can get offensive rebounds and muck it up into a half court game then flip a coin.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
ISU 86
Iowa 80

Not that close though, ISU leads by double digits most of game.

ISU is hot from 3 pt line but has Young and Lard in foul trouble most of game.

Iowa looks like a 60 RPI team for 20 minutes of game and like a 300 RPI team for other 20 minutes.

Fran gets a T early in 2nd half after Lard posterizes Garza

Reactions: CyclonesMoney

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I'm feeling pretty good about our team right now, but I'm not really sure what to expect tomorrow. We're on the right path, but we're still young and a work in progress. It's become pretty obvious Fran puts a lot of emphasis on this game, and they'll try to punch us in the mouth right out the gate. All depends how we respond.

I'll say 77-71 Iowa. And I hope I'm dead wrong.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
This is a tough call just because of last year and how shockingly bad we were. I think we just totally overlooked them. I can't believe that will happen again, but it's still scary with a young team and with the other team on the ropes.

I'll take ISU by 12, with a lot of sweating throughout.

• Agree
Reactions: Stereotype

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Hopefully the home crowd will pull them through. I’m sure Iowa will shoot out of their minds.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Part of me says ISU coasts, the other part of me says Iowa puts it all together and wins...

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
Hoks 78- ISU 68. Our posts need to be productive with putbacks, rebounds, and altered shots.

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
The atmosphere will be the most intense about 85% of our team has ever seen or been a part of so it depends on how they handle it and whether they come out hot or come out too jacked. Iowa has straight up been man handled the last 3-4 games and I don’t see them rolling over and dying by 20 points. I see a close game either way that we will pull out by proving we can close out a game and make free throws and clutch shots down the stretch.