When will Jacob Park return to ISU Football

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
He was definitely frazzled and out of sorts during the Texas game. Could have been caused by the Texas pass rush, could have been his mental state due to family, could of been due to drugs or lack of sleep. He missed 17 passes that he was connecting on earlier in the season. Whatever the reason I trust this staff and team to make the “right” decision. I’m hoping his story still has a few more cyclone chapters. It seems rare for a college team to make it through a season using just one QB. Having two proven starters with a stable of backups can only help us.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
It wasn't his play that did him in during the Texas game and it wasn't about rather we had won or lost. Rewatch the broadcast. After his televised verbal altercation with Matt, if I were Matt I would have immediately sent him to the locker room and told him to clean out his locker.

Yes it was. If the same thing happens in a 22/32, 310 yard ball game with a win, that's "passion." I don't even really think that little deal had much to do with the following events. He never got pulled and he and Campbell were fine the rest of the game.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
If he's back great. We're fine without him though. Lots of talent coming in next year. Best of luck to him. Two babies and two baby mamas sounds like a full schedule to me though.
Do we know this is a fact? If it isn’t we shouldn’t be spreading rumors like this. Lets not be speculating about a kid’s personal life when this could all be false.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Yes it was. If the same thing happens in a 22/32, 310 yard ball game with a win, that's "passion." I don't even really think that little deal had much to do with the following events. He never got pulled and he and Campbell were fine the rest of the game.
A televised verbal altercation with the coach (during a game, in front of fans, team mates, staff and a televised national audience) was a big deal in my opinion. He also verbally had issues with the wide receivers while in the game and on the sideline. Campbell was not fine with it you could tell by his body language. He would take care of it in his office on Monday morning. And he did. Campbell did it with a great deal of compassion, which is to his credit, and is something that I may not have been able to do.

I agree, Campbell did not pull him. That tells you that it wasn't about Park's poor performance or that we were losing the game while he was in there. It was much deeper than that. It was about not playing within the team, within the concept, within the process. It was showing disrespect for the coach, players and fans. I'm sure that Park did not intentionally do that, he lost his composure and crossed the line. It was a very classy of Campbell to wait until Monday and in the privacy of his office take care of the situation.

Campbell knows that he has to have total team buy-in, right down to the water person. Even if we had won the game, there was no way that Park's behavior and attitude would have been helpful to the team down the road had Campbell ignored it.

I am greatly disappointed in Park as I was a big fan of his even before his first game. I had high hopes for him. I like to see people succeed. Can Park? I don't know. It's up to him.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: cyfan21 and STLISU

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
A televised verbal altercation with the coach (during a game, in front of fans, team mates, staff and a televised national audience) was a big deal in my opinion. He also verbally had issues with the wide receivers while in the game. Campbell was not fine with it. He would take care of it in his office on Monday morning. And he did. Campbell did it with a great deal of compassion, which is to his credit, and is something that I may not have been able to do.

I agree, Campbell did not pull him. That tells you that it wasn't about Park's poor performance or that we were losing the game while he was in there. It was much deeper than that. It was about not playing within the team, within the concept, within the process. It was showing disrespect for the coach, players and fans. I'm sure that Park did not intentionally do that, he lost his composure and crossed the line. It was a very classy of Campbell to wait until Monday and in the privacy of his office take care of the situation.

Campbell knows that he has to have total team buy-in, right down to the water boy. Even if we had won the game, there was no way that Park's behavior and attitude would have been helpful to the team down the road had Campbell ignored it.

I am greatly disappointed in Park as I was a big fan of his even before his first game. I had high hopes for him. I like to see people succeed. Can Park? I don't know. It's up to him.
This is the most plausible explanation I've heard. It also explains the "circling the wagons" effort at OU right after and team stepping up their performance since then.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
If he's back great. We're fine without him though. Lots of talent coming in next year. Best of luck to him. Two babies and two baby mamas sounds like a full schedule to me though.
You know this to be true?
Are you trying to hurt the kid?
I hope he comes back and wins the Heisman.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
And if Park was a cookie cutter white midwestern guy, it would be different to some people to sadly.
As far as I know, Park is a "cookie cutter white midwestern guy". At least he's been "midwestern" for over two years now. Did he get a sex change operation that we don't know about?

Last edited:

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Awesome. Just seeing him run that speed option where Montgomery trucked Jewell made me realize what we are missing. He definitely expands the playbook.
Agree, and I’m very high on Noland. Park and DM are a great combo.

Cyclone5050

Dec 31, 2012
His tweet said that he "made mistakes". That's all we know, and probably all that we need to know.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Awesome. Just seeing him run that speed option where Montgomery trucked Jewell made me realize what we are missing. He definitely expands the playbook.

Some people have very short memories on just how good an athlete Park is. Amazing arm, but also a pretty decent runner and able to escape under pressure. The total lack of a QB run other than Lanning hurts the offense and DM running.

BTW; still waiting for Lanning to go in there and throw a pass, or even run the option with DM.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron