Any good comebacks?

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Knowing that I am not as quick-witted as many of my CF brethren, I could use some advice. With the recent success of our Cyclone football team, and the positive leadership of CMC, the only thing that hawkeye fans can say to me are things like, “enjoy him, cuz he is gone”, or “if I was Coach Campbell, I’d run away from Ames as fast as I could”, or “coaching graveyard”, plus more. I could use your help in formulating some quick comebacks to shut them up. Thanks in advance.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Nothing will work. I have a group chat with two hawks and a cyclone buddy. All I’ve heard is the Big 12 is overrated and all the typical responses.

Hit them with facts and they still don’t back down. “Why would Campbell stay” I’ve heard this every day for the past 10’days.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
Do you think the Hawks can become bowl eligible?
Something like this always gets me a return of "How many bowl games has Iowa State been too?" To which I usually have nothing. I can go with the "stop living in the past" angle but honestly we dont have a comeback for our lack of history. (Note this isnt just Iowa. Nebraska is my most common but also it also happens with Texas schools.)

• Informative

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Knowing that I am not as quick-witted as many of my CF brethren, I could use some advice. With the recent success of our Cyclone football team, and the positive leadership of CMC, the only thing that hawkeye fans can say to me are things like, “enjoy him, cuz he is gone”, or “if I was Coach Campbell, I’d run away from Ames as fast as I could”, or “coaching graveyard”, plus more. I could use your help in formulating some quick comebacks to shut them up. Thanks in advance.

If I were an Iowa fan the fact I know the last name of my head coach for the next 20+ years would be terrifying

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

If they mention our coaches, tell them you don't want to talk about theirs. You are afraid if you say anything bad you will be assaulted.

WoodCy

Feb 28, 2014
Atkins, IA
If you want to shut them up all you have to do is remind them what life was like Iowa City before Hayden. Then remimd them that both Hayden and Kirk had opportunities to leave and were courted heavily by other programs and the pros, but they stayed and were paid because of it, not in spite of it.

• Informative
Reactions: k123 and Cy4Lifer