I may have to start cheering for Iowa.

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Yup, there's very little chance that a team with two losses will ever appear in the top four and have a chance for that National Championship. But I do want to make sure the bases are covered.

Hoks play Ohio State this coming weekend. Seeing them (Ohio State) with two losses would be nice.
The week after, the Hoks play undefeated Wisconsin: If anyone can tag Wisconsin with a loss, I will cheer for them.

Yes, too many other complexities keeping the Cyclones from top 4 consideration (including Notre Dame, let alone our own upcoming games). Still, it may help our cause to have the Hoks win two important games.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Yup, there's very little chance that a team with two losses will ever appear in the top four and have a chance for that National Championship. But I do want to make sure the bases are covered.

Hoks play Ohio State this coming weekend. Seeing them (Ohio State) with two losses would be nice.
The week after, the Hoks play undefeated Wisconsin: If anyone can tag Wisconsin with a loss, I will cheer for them.

Yes, too many other complexities keeping the Cyclones from top 4 consideration (including Notre Dame, let alone our own upcoming games). Still, it may help our cause to have the Hoks win two important games.

I am always of the belief that karma/luck is in short supply, so I never use any up cheering for other games and use 100% hoping ISU gets a win. And the fact a 2 loss ISU team is never, ever going to be picked for CFP.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I think regardless of what else happens, if we win the next two games we will be ranked top 8. By regular seasons' end, enough top 8 teams will lose to put us in top 6. Win the Big 12 championship and we will be sitting at 3-5 range.

None of this is going to happen though so..

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I will root for anyone to beat OSU at this point. The fact they are being projected above OU is freakin' laughable. OU beats them at OSU, and yet somehow because Penn St. **** a game down their leg at OSU they are being pushed ahead of OU. Makes absolutely no sense.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I will never cheer for Ohio St, ND or Nebraska, so go Hawks against the ESPN/CFP Buckeyes. OSU winning is bad for CFB, everyone fan should want them to lose every game they play. I hope Wisky beats Iowa by 50.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Is this a lose-lose situation or a win-win.
DoYouWantMyHeadToExplode.gif

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If it was the last game of the year (say BIG Champ game) and I KNEW an Iowa win would put us in the playoff and their loss would keep us out I would root for them, obviously. I just don't see that ever being the situation. Won't be this year.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Iowa and Texas are both right around #25 in most computer rankings. ISU sitting around 13-20 in most of them. Iowa and Texas aren't bad losses to an objective eye.

Not saying we'll be in the picture, but the worst thing that happened to programs who aren't Ohio State, Notre Dame, etc, was the BCS formula of 2/3 national polling and 1/3 computer average being replaced by a small obviously biased committee.

• Agree
Reactions: MeanDean

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron