RECRUITING: Zion Griffin commits to Iowa State

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I agree with that 100%, but, what the other poster said about the money being there I believe to be true. I've heard that a couple times for people I trust are in the loop.

Sure, I can believe it. And if it had happened Fred would have been set up to fail. A deal like that would have set impossible annual expectations.

goclones69

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 5, 2012
Sure, I can believe it. And if it had happened Fred would have been set up to fail. A deal like that would have set impossible annual expectations.

He wouldn't have lived up to the expectations but he wouldn't have been a total failure. The trajectory he had this program on was absolutely insane. The best was still to come, he would have started to recruit at an elite level and start to pull in guys like Diallo, Coffey, etc

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
He wouldn't have lived up to the expectations but he wouldn't have been a total failure. The trajectory he had this program on was absolutely insane. The best was still to come, he would have started to recruit at an elite level and start to pull in guys like Diallo, Coffey, etc

Maybe, maybe not. Doesn't really matter now. Everything worked out pretty well for ISU, and Fred got a crack at his dream of coaching in the NBA.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Maybe, maybe not. Doesn't really matter now. Everything worked out pretty well for ISU, and Fred got a crack at his dream of coaching in the NBA.

Fred was an excellent hire to bring ISU to national recognition. I believe he would have kept the program at this level if he stayed.
Prohm has kept the program at the top 25 level for two year and is proving to be a good recruiter.
It took both coaches to get the MBB level to this level and sustaining it.
Instead of debating what if's we should just appreciate what Cyclonation has and the current future outlook.

About that future outlook. Zion Griffen is going to be a big part of that. ;)

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
Even though Fred isn't the most popular guy in Chicago kids still hear Fred, Iowa state, NBA, maybe the association helps our recruiting.

Reactions: isu83
Status
Not open for further replies.