Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
:cool:

tenor.gif

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I need to go pick one of these
ce71735d12f475f44b4003373e2ad930--hand-crossbow-killing.jpg

Sorry, I haven't been following these shenanigans, but are you in need of an exorcism? You're gonna need a Catholic. I or Woo can help, let us know. :pwink: (old skool jimlad typing skillz)

Today's activities: Finished a 54 day prayer thing on the anniversary of stopping the Ottoman invasion of the Mediterranean. Grocery store run for monthly food drive, then men's group at church. Cleaned/rearranged garage, which included watching a C130 letting 'em hang loose all over the sky for the Kinnick flyover, finished in time to watch the Cyclones win, drank a few beers, cut down some trees using all the wrong tools, took a shower (yes, shower beers), now planning dinner of delicious pork products.

I feel like Lee Greenwood cloned with Chuck Norris or something. 'murica.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
What a weekend to be traveling with the team. Too bad my dad can't hear a thing, he was sitting a row or two behind MC on the plane and had no clue about Park not coming until I told him.

I think this meant something else when you posted it, But Congrats to your Dad what a great day to be a Cyclone!

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I hope @cowgirl836 and DH got in their basement. Tornado just went through.

I went outside looking for it! We think it was just to our west and possibly south. I just couldn't believe it cause it was just kinda raining and windy for a second. Didn't seem tornado-ish at all. I think by the time my phone went off it was already east of us. Neighbor was outside looking too so we're good :D DH was all "good to know what your reaction to a tornado is" lololol.

Reactions: stormchaser2014

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I flipped on the tv at the end of the third and was like oh crap, we don't want to watch this. Then saw the score. So I'll take all the credit for sticking around to watch it.

I was on the road listening to it on the radio, got to a town where I could went into a bar and finished watching it, didn't do that because I didn't want to jinx it listened to JW & Eric finish it up for the WIN!

Reactions: SCyclone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Sorry, I haven't been following these shenanigans, but are you in need of an exorcism? You're gonna need a Catholic. I or Woo can help, let us know. :pwink: (old skool jimlad typing skillz)

Today's activities: Finished a 54 day prayer thing on the anniversary of stopping the Ottoman invasion of the Mediterranean. Grocery store run for monthly food drive, then men's group at church. Cleaned/rearranged garage, which included watching a C130 letting 'em hang loose all over the sky for the Kinnick flyover, finished in time to watch the Cyclones win, drank a few beers, cut down some trees using all the wrong tools, took a shower (yes, shower beers), now planning dinner of delicious pork products.

I feel like Lee Greenwood cloned with Chuck Norris or something. 'murica.
I think we're past the exorcism stage. The demon child has claimed three RTT souls. Mankind is doomed

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I think we're past the exorcism stage. The demon child has claimed three RTT souls. Mankind is doomed

3 souls, this is serious. Some demons can only be cast out by prayer and fasting. 10 hail marys, and don't eat meat next Friday (for those that don't know, fish, eggs, dairy products, all fine...it's like Pants' vegetarianism).

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I think this meant something else when you posted it, But Congrats to your Dad what a great day to be a Cyclone!

Yes, this was posted when everyone was melting down over that one guy that no one is even mentioning now. ;) They got to sit in a suite where the AD would be. JP was not there (or at least did not travel with the group) because he was receiving an award at UW Osh Kosh Homecoming. I had to call my mom to let her know they won because she is a worse nervous nelly than me. ;) I did watch most of the game today.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I was on the road listening to it on the radio, got to a town where I could went into a bar and finished watching it, didn't do that because I didn't want to jinx it listened to JW & Eric finish it up for the WIN!

did you end up getting to see your friends then instead of going straight back to Iowa?

Status
Not open for further replies.