UNLV Game

borc4cy

Aug 26, 2006
DSM, IA
I know its along was till this game yet. But I live in Des Moines and was wondering if anybody knew of a place to watch the game! Would like to get together with some fellow ISU/ Cyclone Fanatic fans and meet up and watch the game somewhere. The game is at 6 ( from what I hear). Just thought it would be fun to meet some new ISU people. I just moved here from Hawkeye Country (Cedar Rapids) (which is anywhere you go if you a Hawk fan). But I dont know of any good places. I NEED HELP!!!:wideeyed:

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I know its along was till this game yet. But I live in Des Moines and was wondering if anybody knew of a place to watch the game! Would like to get together with some fellow ISU/ Cyclone Fanatic fans and meet up and watch the game somewhere. The game is at 6 ( from what I hear). Just thought it would be fun to meet some new ISU people. I just moved here from Hawkeye Country (Cedar Rapids) (which is anywhere you go if you a Hawk fan). But I dont know of any good places. I NEED HELP!!!:wideeyed:

Any place with DirecTV should have the game, as the Mountain West has their own network that the game is on.

I think a majority of people on here are going to Vegas!!! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
i'll be watching in dallas. i got confused i bought plane tickets to the wrong state. guess i will just make do

ISU_Alum_2000

All-Star
Oct 21, 2006
Aliso Viejo, CA
man....... being a new employee and not having any vaction sucks. otherwise id be there too :sad:

You saw the part about the 8pm Central gametime (on Saturday), right? If not being able to miss work is the issue, it shouldn't be. Unless you work weekends.

I dunno... just trying to get more of us there! :smile:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

My house or yours?

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Oh, and just in case you were looking for a serious answer instead of us smart***es saying we're going to Vegas:

The official gamewatch location for the ISU Alumni Association in Des Moines is at Johnny's Hall of Fame, downtown. I will be there the weekend before watching the Iowa game. There is also going to be a "Beat Iowa" pre-party there on Thursday September 11th. Don't worry, I've been to many Alumni Association events (here and Seattle) and they don't bug you for money there.

Oh, and Dinger- I'm sure there's a gamewatch club in Dallas too, check the website at www.isualum.org to find the location. I'm sure you can take a cab from the airport or something. :smile:

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Oh, and just in case you were looking for a serious answer instead of us smart***es saying we're going to Vegas:

The official gamewatch location for the ISU Alumni Association in Des Moines is at Johnny's Hall of Fame, downtown. I will be there the weekend before watching the Iowa game. There is also going to be a "Beat Iowa" pre-party there on Thursday September 11th. Don't worry, I've been to many Alumni Association events (here and Seattle) and they don't bug you for money there.

Oh, and Dinger- I'm sure there's a gamewatch club in Dallas too, check the website at www.isualum.org to find the location. I'm sure you can take a cab from the airport or something. :smile:

I always thought that Des Moines Alumni Association game watches were at Trophy's......

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Any place with DirecTV should have the game, as the Mountain West has their own network that the game is on.

I think a majority of people on here are going to Vegas!!! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Do you have the have the Sports Pak to get the Mountain West Network?

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA

I'm happy you posted this. I've been debating travling to IC for the game and maybe trying to get tickets as well. However, I'm coming around to the fact I don't really want to deal with the "atmosphere" that is IC on game days. So staying in Des Moines was looking very appealing and now it is darn near perfect. Watching games at Johnny's is quite the treat usually. Should be a great time to meet a few CFers!

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Do you have the have the Sports Pak to get the Mountain West Network?

If you have DirecTV but do not live in an area with a Mountain West Conference team, yes.

The Mtn. - DIRECTV Launching The Mtn.

The Mtn. will be available on DIRECTV's Choice and above packages for the states and DMAs servicing Mountain West Conference institutions: Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming plus the markets of Dallas/Fort Worth and San Diego. Customers throughout the remainder of the county will be able to access The Mtn. with a subscription to DIRECTV's SportsPack.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
According to this: Gamewatch Guide 2008-2009

The game watches for the Greater Des Moines Cyclone Club are now at Johnny's. The summary page before that one still lists Trophy's but Johnny's is now listed on the page that lists each chapter of the ISU AA.

Sweet deal... I guess I will get to meet a few of you guys both the Iowa weekend and UNLV.

I was going to IC to tailgate with my brother and his Hawk fiends, but after thinking about it, I would rather stay in town. I refuse to buy tickets this year so this is my cheaper alternative. Unless, we happen to get beat, which I may have to drown my sorrows.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006

The game watches for the Greater Des Moines Cyclone Club are now at Johnny's. The summary page before that one still lists Trophy's but Johnny's is now listed on the page that lists each chapter of the ISU AA.

Correct, they just changed it this year to Johnny's. I'm sure there will be more info on the website for the Sept 11 Beat Iowa party when it gets closer, I'll try to post a reminder that week!

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006

I haven't eaten at Johnny's since they redid the place - entrees that is.

But we went down after an ICubs game earlier this summer and they have the WORST appetizers. Warning - stay away from the nachos.

They do have nice tvs and good visibility for any number of them. Sound was alright too. Like the location as well - down on Court.

Help Support Us

Become a patron