Is Pollard a serious candidate for the Neb Ad job

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

4CY4EVR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 17, 2010
Shawn Eichorst out as Ad at Neb. ALREADY seeing Jp's name brought up on the husker message boards.. big 10 job..., would he considered it?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Honestly they are now having unreal expectations of that program. The Big ten has ruined the Nebraska grounds. They have no rivals. Except Iowa. However, they gave up Oklahoma a top 5 team of all times as there rivals. So you trade a top 5 program for a top 35 program of all time as your rival. You lost the recruiting ground that made you so good. JP could do better than nebraska

• Agree
Reactions: BigLame and aauummm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I hope not. I am admittedly biased, but why would he want to have that headache of a job - especially as he is in a pretty good groove at ISU.

This. I don't know how ISU stacks up budgetwise, but that would be a thankless job. A flagship football program that doesn't have anywhere near the clout it used to plus a fanbase that doesn't realize it? Thanks but no thanks.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I should rephrase. I fully expect them to reach out, but I don't see Jamie leaving.
THIS. Jamie is smart enough to realize that this would be a horrible fit. He pretty much has a life-time contract at ISU. Not saying things couldn't go south, but he has built up enough good will to survive some adversity (fingers crossed for not).

The Nebraska AD just got canned in a knee jerk reaction to the football team losing a game. I know it was the culmination of some losses, but it was the straw that broke the camels back. That's as volatile a situation as any AD would want.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
It would be a significant step up in $'s but also a significant step up in A$$ pain. Jamie likes a challenge too...otherwise why is he here. That being said, I also think that he wants to see his major projects through (Basketball and Football). Think we are 1-2 years yet from answering that...Jamie stays.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
This. I don't know how ISU stacks up budgetwise, but that would be a thankless job. A flagship football program that doesn't have anywhere near the clout it used to plus a fanbase that doesn't realize it? Thanks but no thanks.

We don't stack up budget wise but we have closed the gap a little. They have a new basketball arena, a volleyball only facility (revamped Devaney center), top rate baseball and softball facilities a 90,000 seat stadium, and some of the best training facilities in the country.

This was 2015-2016

Nebraska:
$112,142,961

Iowa State:
$78,355,500

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

• Funny
Reactions: GM4ISU